• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My biggest deer so far

PO3JDA

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jan 2, 2019
Breaux Bridge
188lb 8 point Butte LaRose on the Atchafalaya River in SW Louisiana. I was tired as hell in the picture and forgot my glasses at the camp.
20240121_090543.jpg
20240121_090109.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a good season in the books, though I don’t know how many deer you can take. Congratulations.

We process ourselves. These are my first ones in about 3 years. I've been hunting hard but no luck then I got my blessing
Right on. We (meaning I) process ourselves, too. This year I took 2 small does on my newly acquired property. I have the loin and the inner loins...(we always call the loin "backstrap" and that inner loin I have always known as "tenderloin")...as small roasts. The rest was ground to make summer sausage and dog food.
I would have to double check the regs but we can take either 6 or 8 deer a year but only one of those can be antlered. My neighbors will kill every single buck they come across no matter how small the antlers. It makes for some crappy genetics. I hope to change some minds but, as you know, change is hard for most people. I hope to someday have bucks like that one you took as a fairly common occurrence. I have 112 acres and while that is nothing to sneeze at, it's not enough for me to be able to actually control a population of deer. I'll be killing does for many years to come! HAHA!

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23 and PO3JDA
IMG_0169.jpeg

Deer - 211 lb 8 pt central NC scored 133 5/8 inches.
Rifle - 338 Lapua, Savage BA 110 shooting 250gn smk @ 3070fps
Shot - 297 yards, quartering to, shot was just inside near shoulder on chest and exit was cantaloupe sized at the rear far side ribs. Empty chest cavity with 0 yard recovery, fell and expired.

Reactions: Genin