• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My boys first Mulies (second one added)

codyb

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 10, 2004
vegas
He is starting late (14)by the standards of most but he and his brother both drew youth tags here in Nevada this year, here is his first.

zaksdeer3.jpg

Better than if I was pullin the trigger myself.

He was patient enough to listen to his dad and pass by some nice deer earlier in the hunt and ended up with this nice 3x4 30" Muley.

Can't even tell you how proud of him I was. He made a nice clean kill at 210yds with a Ruger model 1 in 25-06. After a short but , steep stalk.

Now we have to head back out in the afternoon and get his brothers.

Found his brothers this am. He is 12 and this was his first as well.

182.jpg

He was also a 3x4 but "just" 25". Boy made around an 80 yd shot with his 30-06. I was equally as thrilled with this one. He was too but, you would never know it from his picture cause he is not fond of the cold.

Re: My boys first Muley

WOW! Awesome. Guarantee, BOTH of you will remember this hunt forever.

Outstanding job!

He has done something a lot of grown men will never do....30 in muley's are getting hard to come by anymore.

I am sure you are proud as hell and I for good reason.

WoW! His first buck goes 30" inches. I cant even count the serious hunters I know that have hunted year after year on public land looking for a 30" Mulie, let alone put it together and make it happen.

Congratulations to him! Thats one hell of a first deer. Gonna be hard to top that one!

Way to go!! I love seeing the boys(or girls)out with dad. That is as good as it gets!!

Congrats all around!!! Good luck to his brother. Hoping for more to the story with more pictures. Good huntin.

That is one great looking mullie he got .
must have been a real proud moment!

Great buck, he will hike many miles trying to better his first. Congratulations, to you and your boy.

Congrats on a very fine buck. Good luck on your other sons hunt, hopefully he will get one just as nice. One question, if he does get one just as nice, will you adopt me and take me on an outing to kill me a 30 incher to! Just kidding. Good luck and keep them hunting.

Congrats to the young man on a fine Muley and kudos to you Dad for taking your son huntin.

Thanks for all the comments, my boy didn't realize how nice his buck was until he started reading them and we talked about it a bit more.

<span style="font-style: italic">WoW! His first buck goes 30" inches. I cant even count the serious hunters I know that have hunted year after year on public land looking for a 30" Mulie, let alone put it together and make it happen.

</span>

I understand all too well how rare they are. I'm one of those fellas who has been searching 39 years for one that size.

<span style="font-style: italic">what bullet was he using?</span>

I don't recall what I had loaded in them. I don't load up much ammo for my hunting rigs. Probably game kings or the like with a Nosler.

Wow, thats great!! Starting the next generation of hunters out on the right foot. It won't always end up that way, but man for a first hunt that will be a cherished memory forever. Best of luck in the future!!