• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My brother-n-law serving abroad.

wjwill

Off road Junkie
Minuteman
Supporter+
Nov 28, 2007
East KY and Georgia
He is with the 555 Engineers(Triple Nickel) out of Ft Lewis, Wa. Everyone in my family and I are very proud of him for what he sacrifices. He won't be home for the holidays, but I will raise my glass to his name on Christmas day.

Re: My brother-n-law serving abroad.

is that picture back in 2005 right ? wow i didn't know the army still using the m16a2..

Those were taken during this deployment that he is on now.

As far as what rifles they all are using, I have no idea of what all they have with them.

rifles issued have more to due with unit mission/need than whats the latest and greatest. Anyway back on track...

Tell him thanks and we'll keep him in our prayers

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jboeri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">rifles issued have more to due with unit mission/need than whats the latest and greatest. Anyway back on track...

Tell him thanks and we'll keep him in our prayers </div></div>

Completely true motor t, supply, even some officers who don't out much give up the tricked out toys to the guys living outside the wire.

The M16A2 was state of the art for some time.

It doesn't give up anything if you aren't issued optics, lasers or lights.
wink.gif

been seeing alot of our national gaurd guys with the older rifles abroad.. took me a lil while to get used to the m4's. i have to admit i really hated using them at first, and my qual score went to crap. picked up on them after a lil while, acogs help alot these days.. lol.. also kepping the muzzle out of the dirt doesnt hurt
wink.gif

thank your brother in law for us, and wish his family well,, this will be my second holiday season in a row i have gotten at home since 2004.. woo hoo..im on a good streak...

Shame he isn't with you this Christmas but hopefully he'll be back soon and then you can tell him to keep his muzzle out of the dirt ! Happy hols

I think we should all take some time and raise our glasses to these men and women serving for us so we can have our holiday celebrations without fear of pretty much anything. Thanks to all of those serving!

Thank you everyone for the kind words.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tacshooter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we should all take some time and raise our glasses to these men and women serving for us so we can have our holiday celebrations without fear of pretty much anything. Thanks to all of those serving! </div></div>

I agree to this 100%. Everyone should take moment to just sit and think about what how lucky we are as Americans to have brave brothers and sisters out there.

Please thank him! May God keep him safe with a soon return!

Lets all give him and everyone else that gives us the opportunity to participate on this forum a BIG holiday THANKS!

There are lots of M16A2's over here. As stated depends on your unit and intended purposes. Although a majority of people are carrying M4's there are still some A2's. It is always funny seeing a shorter female carrying an A2 over her back and the barrel almost dragging the ground.

Here in ND a lot of our NG guys and gals still carry M-16A1 rifles. It is funny to see pics of them over there whith the old weapons.

Is that muzzle in the dirt?