• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My collection of .22LR dress up kits

Re: My collection of .22LR dress up kits

to me this is stranger than this guy

wtf.gif

please dont take offense, i've never understood dressing guns up to look like something their not, very broad collection though

so are these all things that can be bought, or do i understand you modify some kits yourself?

some are aftermarket stocks like the Muzzelite, MG42.

rest are gutted airsoft stocks that i bought new and used. used a dremel to clear out the metal or plastic internals to bed my .22

So you have a shit ton of airsoft 22's.... Are your optics countersniper and NcStar?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you have a shit ton of airsoft 22's.... Are your optics countersniper and NcStar? </div></div>

nah i dont have countersniper and ncstar optics.

That's a lot of 10-22's.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not, instead of wasting so much money on crap, spend all that wasted money on a real gun? </div></div>

i already did. i bought an AR15 and Saiga 12 first before i moved into these .22 projects.
whistle.gif

I just picked up a Savage 93 in .17 HMR and was wondering about this. I want to put it in either the Tacticool stock or pick up something like an airsoft AICS clone to since the stock it comes with seems pretty short. I would be very interested to see how you bed your Savage in one of those. Problem is I shoot from the correct, or left handed
wink.gif
, side of the rifle and I haven't seen any left hand airsofts. Still think you have a cool thing going.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 11B-B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">you must live in California... </div></div>

hehe yes with our weird california laws.

thats like playing with barbies and saying you have a real girlfriend...

to each their own though.. nice collection.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Carpe Beerem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just picked up a Savage 93 in .17 HMR and was wondering about this. I want to put it in either the Tacticool stock or pick up something like an airsoft AICS clone to since the stock it comes with seems pretty short. I would be very interested to see how you bed your Savage in one of those. Problem is I shoot from the correct, or left handed
wink.gif
, side of the rifle and I haven't seen any left hand airsofts. Still think you have a cool thing going. </div></div>

is a Savage 93 a bolt action? whats an AICS clone? are you referring to the L96?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remsps243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats like playing with barbies and saying you have a real girlfriend...

to each their own though.. nice collection.</div></div>

LOL!!!

I'll admit I think it's pretty cool to put a .22 in an "unobtainium" stock and do so for just pennies compared to buying the real mccoy. However, I'd definitely buy more 10/22s and way fewer "skins."

+1 to the Savage MKII in AICS, but I want a high quality shell and an aluminum chassis. Until then I'm sure I'll be happy with my Tacticool once it gets here.
eta: yes, AICS clone = L96

eta2: just found this thread regarding making your own AICS chassis http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2542566&page=1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Does your mom know you are making those in her basement?? </div></div>

how old do you think i am?

is this sarcasm or are you just talking shit? quit thread crapping.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerz_Subbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: remsps243</div><div class="ubbcode-body">thats like playing with barbies and saying you have a real girlfriend...

to each their own though.. nice collection.</div></div>

LOL!!!

I'll admit I think it's pretty cool to put a .22 in an "unobtainium" stock and do so for just pennies compared to buying the real mccoy. However, I'd definitely buy more 10/22s and way fewer "skins."

+1 to the Savage MKII in AICS, but I want a high quality shell and an aluminum chassis. Until then I'm sure I'll be happy with my Tacticool once it gets here.
eta: yes, AICS clone = L96

eta2: just found this thread regarding making your own AICS chassis http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2542566&page=1 </div></div>

ill be testing fitting both of my .22 bolt actions into the L96 to see what fits the best.

Yeah I am going to try the AICS stock from a L96 airsoft, looking it over I am not sure where to go with this thing, lol
smile.gif

hey man what ever floats your boat, or blows up your skirt.

cool idea, i love .22's. not my cup of tea but go for it.

good luck filling all those with 10/22's

mock one up in a garand, I would buy one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jerz_Subbie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Before getting an L96, read this thread.
http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubbthre...292#Post2903292

The OP tried an L96 and a Well G96 which apparently has an aluminum chassis and much stronger than the all molded plastic L96 models. </div></div>

Oh cool. Good idea on the aluminum chassis. Ill do that for my m200 and L96. I think mine is a Well L96. I have to check

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">hey man what ever floats your boat, or blows up your skirt.

cool idea, i love .22's. not my cup of tea but go for it.

good luck filling all those with 10/22's

mock one up in a garand, I would buy one. </div></div>

Thanks man. Not every stock can contain a 10/22. The stocks with narrow receivers will contain a Marlin 795 like the SCAR, TAR21, M60, L85

Bolt action stocks will house either a Marlin XT22 or Savage MKII

Sorry im not into wood stocks. Just evil looking black rifles

That's quite a collection. Which is your favorite and which dress does your barbie like best? As in which stock does it shoot best in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: younggun22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">h
mock one up in a garand, I would buy one. </div></div>

Would most likely look unthought out, and be hastily hacked away with a dremel, like all the others.

Do any of these even firmly fit in these bodies without wobble and actually work?

Assuming you bought all of these already trashed and not already working, that's still a minimium of a 1000$ spent on worthless shells if you got them for 50$ each. Several probably were far more than that though.

I don't see how having several guns that look decent from 50 yards away would be better than one high quality rimfire rifle.

Sorry to crap on your thread, that's all this post is... but I'm just too baffled to be able to say anything else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not, instead of wasting so much money on crap, spend all that wasted money on a real gun? </div></div>

i already did. i bought an AR15 and Saiga 12 first before i moved into these .22 projects.
whistle.gif

</div></div>

Not trying to be nasty here, but what could a forum about long range precision possibly offer someone with your particular interests?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not, instead of wasting so much money on crap, spend all that wasted money on a real gun? </div></div>

whistle.gif

</div></div>

Not trying to be nasty here, but what could a forum about long range precision possibly offer someone with your particular interests?
</div></div>

watchu talkin bout willis, dont you see all them long range rigs layin there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">why not, instead of wasting so much money on crap, spend all that wasted money on a real gun? </div></div>

whistle.gif

</div></div>

</div></div>

watchu talkin bout willis, dont you see all them long range rigs layin there? </div></div>

Yea, that M200 Cheytac can shoot a soupcan at 2k yards, didn't you see the movie Shooter?

I just really don't get this though, no matter what you put in the stock, it still functions the same, to me this is just pointlessly tacticool without any additional function. I can see it from a collectors point of view if you wanted to own all those weapons, but they're not those weapons, they're just a 10/22. For the cost of all these shells, you could have gotten quite a diverse collection of different guns, or several NFA items.

Its kind of funny. You would have been a GOD here if you didnt mention that they were all fake. Now most figure you take the short bus to school.

If you could come up with a skin to make Leupolds look like Schmidt & Bender PMIIs, you could make big bucks selling to the same guys. Just saying...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Searcher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Its kind of funny. You would have been a GOD here if you didnt mention that they were all fake. Now most figure you take the short bus to school.

If you could come up with a skin to make Leupolds look like Schmidt & Bender PMIIs, you could make big bucks selling to the same guys. Just saying... </div></div>

I had the awesome idea to paint one like a fleshlight. I'm going to patent the design right now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

if theyre tired of the wood sporting stock or if they want something tacticool, then they can ask me. im not showing off performance, functionality or precision. i dont have any knowledge in that area. just dress up kits that most didnt even know that was available to them.

still doesnt answer the question, and dont take this wrong or like im tryin to be a dickface, but what exactly brought you to snipers hide if "i dont care about shooting 100 yards or 1000 yards."? honest question

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still doesnt answer the question, and dont take this wrong or like im tryin to be a dickface, but what exactly brought you to snipers hide if "i dont care about shooting 100 yards or 1000 yards."? honest question </div></div>

+1. I
Im sure you'd fit in on a rimfire forum, but what does a long range precision website have for you, if you're satisfied with a shotgun and ar-15??

Apart from the fact I still don't understand why you would be interested in any of the discussions on this forum, I suppose I still don't understand your motivation for this. Isn't it embarrassing to go to the range and pull out a SCAR and have local billy bob hunter come over thinking you must be top shit for having such a fancy ass machine gun and then he find out that it's just a toy you're playing dress-up with?

it seems like if you just want to play pretend army and aren't actually interested in shooting or marksmanship then you'd just do airsoft. That way you can hang out with people who share you interest and appreciate (is that the right word) finger fucking something that looks vaguely like military hardware.

Incidentally, apart from the fact many people cream their pants over getting to use something with a fun switch on it, most military weapons are shit from the perspective of accuracy or build quality. They're made to feed lead in one side and pump it out in the general direction of the other and not much more. Generally they're heavy, sloppy, dirty, and possessing triggers intended more for mashing than operating. I've owned an actual HK manufactured MP5 and in semi-auto mode it's a complete dog. Why would I ever want to PRETEND that I owned one?

This is the equivalent of posting pictures of your honda civic wearing a chicom built ferarri body kit on a racing forum. What is the motivation for doing so?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">still doesnt answer the question, and dont take this wrong or like im tryin to be a dickface, but what exactly brought you to snipers hide if "i dont care about shooting 100 yards or 1000 yards."? honest question </div></div>

cool.

i was looking around for affordable tacticool sniper stocks that i can gut. found an archangel M1A stock and will be putting in a 10/22 inside that.

looking for M14 EBR pics.

also was researching what kind of .22 bolt action to buy for my M82, M99, L96 and M200 stocks.

enjoy looking at the expensive rifles that i

researching Marlin XT-22 and Savage MKII and bought both.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is the equivalent of posting pictures of your honda civic wearing a chicom built ferarri body kit on a racing forum.</div></div>

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fair enough, i will publicly say welcome aboard. You may not be into our world yet but stick around a bit and you will be soon enough. Prolly not gonna get any love for the 22 kits though, but you know that already

You should post these over on Calguns.net I'm pretty sure some of them would get a kick out of it, the general response may be a bit more pleasant.

Just a word of advice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: oosickness</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should post these over on Calguns.net I'm pretty sure some of them would get a kick out of it, the general response may be a bit more pleasant.

Just a word of advice! </div></div>

im already on there and rimfirecentral

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VJJPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">fair enough, i will publicly say welcome aboard. You may not be into our world yet but stick around a bit and you will be soon enough. Prolly not gonna get any love for the 22 kits though, but you know that already </div></div>

thanks. ya ill be sticking around here. i cant wait to shoot my bolt actions.

I dropped my CZ 453 .22 into a AI folding airsoft stock. Lots of fun for $100 & time inletting it. I still want to do a FN P90

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i dont care for performance or precision.</div></div>

Every now and then I read something that I have to read again just to make sure it was actually in print. I've reread the above quoted line a handful of times and am pretty sure it's actually posted on Snipershide.com

With that collection, you might as well buy a few of those shoulder things that go up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hatidua</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: defcon</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> i dont care for performance or precision.</div></div>

Every now and then I read something that I have to read again just to make sure it was actually in print. I've reread the above quoted line a handful of times and am pretty sure it's actually posted on Snipershide.com

With that collection, you might as well buy a few of those shoulder things that go up.

</div></div>

ya give me some time. after chatting with VJJ and Stanwood, i realize this forum is more about precision, performance, and functionality as opposed to cosmetics.

hehe you talking about a suppressor?

Wow, you must have a BIG gun safe! Have you ever heard of the old saying, "Beware the man that has only one rifle, he probably knows how to use it well." seriously though, and no flame intended, how do you find time to shoot all those and keep track of how they track?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tomf</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, you must have a BIG gun safe! Have you ever heard of the old saying, "Beware the man that has only one rifle, he probably knows how to use it well." seriously though, and no flame intended, how do you find time to shoot all those and keep track of how they track? </div></div>

i dont have a safe yet. i need to buy one. ive only been to the range about 4 times. i can go to the range during lunch hours to do my test fires. im not tracking anything right now. im more concerned to see these working safely with no wobbles.