• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My coyote mount

TRAAV

Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Claus IN
I wanted to share my coyote from early this year. This is in my store about 10' off the ground. I had a local taxidermist do th mount and I did the nature scene. Other than the shity cell phone pic I thought it turned out nice.
DOGphoto2.jpg

Re: My coyote mount

wow, man, that looks really good!

That is cool. I am hopeing to get another bobcat this year for a cool mount. But I do not have the room right now for something that cool.

Thanks, I didn't really have a plan when i tore into it I just let the chicken wire fall where it wanted to ( for the paper mache). Then just started throwing it together
smile.gif

You know, a lot of people have ask if I'm going to put something up there that he is pouncing on and the answer is no for two reasons. 1) this is in my place of business (a small town hardware store) and don't want it to look like a bunny (or what ever) is about to get mauled. 2) I have seen a coyote pounce in the wild seveal times and never once seen what it was they were going after. The whole goal of the whole habitat scene was to make it as realistic as I could. However if this were in a different location I may consider it ;~}

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DREMEL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have seen a coyote pounce in the wild seveal times and never once seen what it was they were going after. The whole goal of the whole habitat scene was to make it as realistic as I could. </div></div>
i'm in South Dakota, and i have a good bit of HD video of a couple pouncing coyotes... and your right, they "usually" pounce (like your mount scene) when their prey is under the ground, grass, or snow.

Awesome mount, too big for me. I have a small place and that would take a whole room lol.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: signal211</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is cool. I am hoping to get another bobcat this year for a cool mount. But I do not have the room right now for something that cool. </div></div>
We don't have a season on bobcats yet but id say it wont be long. In th elast five years they have went from "we don't have any" to "I saw a bobcat today"
smile.gif

I went to TN last year to try and call one in but between not knowing the land and the mountains (to someone from southern IN) we were pretty much lost
smile.gif

Nice Mount It's refreshing to see someone who is willing to display there trophys in a public place. I would do business in your store.