• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My dad at 64

Toney198

Tikka Tweaker
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2017
1704075132707.jpeg

My dad got 5 deer with 5 different calibers this year! The last one being with the iconic 308. All solo!

My dad (85) was with me when he shot his deer again this year. It is truly a great experience to share with him and my son and grandson. We had all 4 generations jn the woods at the same time hunting. I would not trade it for anything in the world!

Well, I am only 59, a few months away from 60. Today is the last day of regular (rifle) season in the north zone of Texas. So, I was out there. As were a few others.

Everyone has read those stories of catching a deer on the last day of the season at the last legal light.

I did not get anything but winded.

But was a beautiful day and perfect weather. About 30 F but by the time I was leaving, it was 50 F.

And I would dress and quarter the deer where I get him and carry that out in full frame backpack (with fold down meat shelf.)

Nothing yet, still hopeful.

I’ll be 64 this year , 36 years of working on transmission pipeline crew , has taken its tole . 4 vertebrae fused in my neck , 2 herniated in lower back , 2 hernias , 3 types of arthritis , and stage 4 cancer survivor . I refuse to give up , I can’t cant do as much as I once did or I will pay for stupidity . Shooting my M40 , is kinda tough anymore , riding the hard tail Harleys is done , and predicting weather is way more accurate that the local weather man .