• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Dad passed away..............

Sendero_Man

OMWP... the way I roll
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 29, 2007
    Buffalo, Wyoming
    montanagunslings.com
    My dad, Dale, 69 years old, was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer on the 19th of March. Nothing they could do for him. Doctor gave him about 2 - 3 months to live, but things went fast. He had a tumor, the size of a baseball roughly, on his adrenal gland too. 7.1 cm's

I can only know he is in a better place now and not suffering anymore. I wanted to post this here because I have gotten a lot of support and reassurance from people here. It is funny how that happens... better than friends at home. Maybe it is easier to type in the shout box or send a PM than a call at home or stopping by to talk.

thanks all... I appreciate it more than words can say !

He passed away peacefully yesterday morning, April 11, at his home in Gillette. Thanks everyone for the support and prayers.

Picture of him in 1982.... a good time in his life on our ranch.

Dad_on_Wolf_Creek.jpg

about 1962 or '63
    Dale_US_Army_pic.jpg

Re: My Dad passed away..............

Sorry for your loss, my friend.

My condolences to you and your family.

it is always tough to lose a family member but to lose someone you truly respected and admired makes it that much tougher. My prayers are with you buddy.

Sendero, lost my Dad a year and a half ago. I truly understand your loss and feel your pain. You are right though, that he is for sure in a better place and hurts no more.

Prayers to you and your family my friend.

Scott...words don't seem enough but I'm truly sorry for your lost. He was a young man at 69 and it is never time to see them go. When I saw the title of the post I was afraid it was you and I'm very sorry for your lost.

Time helps, I know from experience, but the loss is real and one can gain strength from the life lessons and experiences you shared together.

God's blessing and healing for you and your family!

Sorry to hear SenderoMan. Life is too short for the good guys.

I read common sense and good humor in your posts and figure that came from someone of good character. Like the memories you have of your dad and his lessons to you, that doesn't die.

My condolences to you in this tough time, be well.

I'm sorry for your loss. I look to my own father for guidance as a man and hopefully one day when I become a dad myself.

It's good that you honour his memory.

Sendero

Loosing a parent is very tough. Been there and done that as both my parents are long gone. I will add two thoughts. What he was sent to do on earth is now done. Second, I truly believe parents NEVER leave their children, they are not physically seen but they still watch.

Maxwell

Sorry to hear that brother!

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sendero, lost my Dad a year and a half ago. I truly understand your loss and feel your pain. You are right though, that he is for sure in a better place and hurts no more.

Prayers to you and your family my friend. </div></div>
    Lost mine Labor Day to pancreatic cancer. Glad it's over for him.

i didnt know about your dad being sick untill now... i pray for you now but would have prayed sooner if i would have knew about it sooner

Scott.....sorry for the loss to you and your family......I agree your dad is in a better place and is now at true peace. Our prayers are with you.

GoldenRod

Sorry for your loss brother! Lost my dad when I was 13, still miss him. My prayers are with you and family.

Sorry for your loss brother. It is so tough to lose your father. I know what it feels like. Time will heal hang in there. Prayers sent to you and your family.
    Guther

Judging by the pictures he lived life more than most, and set a good example for his family. RIP.

Thoughts an prayers are with ya...hope to have mine for some time yet although have had some close calls. One of my best friends other than being Dad.

My condolences, didn't know until now. looking at that pic from the 80's I'm not sure but he looks familiar.

Sendero, sorry for the immense loss.

Seemed like a helluva guy--we could use more people like him...and you!!!

I'm sorry for your loss. May god bless you and your family during this time of sorrow.

Truly sorry to learn passing of your Father. Time will heal, speaking from experience.

I bet your father enjoyed being on the ranch, judging from that picture!

My condolences, man. Hang in there.

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad Scott. You and your family will be in our prayers. Cancer truly sucks!!!! Your Dad is in a better place now.

Chad

My deepest and heartfelt condolences.
    I hope you like what I did with the Army photo.
    Wish I could do more.

Dale_US_Army_pic.jpg

Sorry about your loss Sendero. Lost my mom last year at 75. Makes you want to take care of yourself better so you can take care of the kids. Also it made me double my life insurance policy as the loss of a mother or father is made even worse when you have to make decision when you are in no condition to make decisions...

Sendero_man,

I'm sorry for your lost. That is the hardest thing I'm sure anyone could endure is to lose a parent. I give my condolences to you and your family. We are here for you. Take care!

700P300

You have our condolences. I have always told my Pop and his friends that when they were all gone that I could finally grow up because no one would be around to call me 'kiddo' anymore. I ain't too ready to grow up just yet.
    Your Pop looked to be quite a guy and my guess is he made quite a son. He will always be there for you when you think of him, so let the great moments stay, and the bad ones will dim with time.

Sorry for your loss. God bless you and your family.
    Scot

Scott, very sorry bro to hear of the loss of your father. I just lost my only younger sister to cancer right before Easter. I know how much it hurts but their suffering is indeed over and they are where we hope someday to be also. From your pics he looked to be a great and free American. God bless you and your family during this time. regards, Dale.

My deepest condolences.
    I lost my father last year.
    It still hurts....just not as much.

Sorry for your loss, I'll be praying for you and your family.