• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My day at the range..... Question...

PhOnEpHrEaK

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 2, 2006
Salem, Ohio
Well I went shooting with my brother today. I was shooting prone with my pack as a rest, he says he wants to try to shoot from my position because hadn't every tried to shoot prone before. I was expecting him to know what he was doing, I walked back to reload a few mags, he fires three or four shots then I hear "ahh crap" of course I look at the thinking he just missed, then look at him "oops." I look at my pack and see........

002.jpg

001.jpg

Please tell me my older brother isn't a complete idiot and someone else has done this?

Re: My day at the range..... Question...

It was great I've been messing with him all day for it, keep telling him if it wasn't so damn funny I'd be pissed.

Look at the bright side. Now there's even less drag than there was before. Therefore, he helped you to be Higher Speed than ever!

My Mom had an Oldsmobile Cutlass with a 1/4 vinyl top when I was 14. I saw a ground hog on the hill & the top of the car was the perfect height for shooting. Threw the Mini 14 up on the top got on target & fired ............................................................................ Got the groundhog!! .................................... About died on the spot as I realized that the muzzle blast had ripped about 8" "V" in the vinyl!! After I calmed down enough to think ran in the house & found the glue to try to fix it. Looked like Dr Frankenstein had been ahold of it. Mom saw it later when we got rain & it turned loose! I kept my mouth shut and haven't told her to this day for fear of her taking my toys away!! Anthony

You make a great point cav. and switch that was my reaction after the "wtf how did you do that?"

Guy I know laid his 270 across the hood of a brand new powerstroke, aiming at a coyote, and had his wife spotting, he fired asked his wife where it hit, she said, I dont know. Ended up he put a bullet through his hood into the engine, pickup was still running no problems 2 years later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ubet said:
Guy I know laid his 270 across the hood of a brand new powerstroke, aiming at a coyote, and had his wife spotting, he fired asked his wife where it hit, she said, I dont know. Ended up he put a bullet through his hood into the engine, pickup was still running no problems 2 years later. </div></div>

How is this possible, I'm confused.

A good friend of mine tapped off a 300RUM into a cab of a full sized truck. The bullet went through the floor and trans. There were 4 people in the truck. It was at night, ears were hurting and everyone was blinded but thank god everyone was ok. I can remember but I thought he said some windows were blown out. can anyone say gun safety 101

PhOnEpHrEaK Just sew it....or ask your brother do it. Sorry got side tracked with my story.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gunswanted</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
ubet said:
Guy I know laid his 270 across the hood of a brand new powerstroke, aiming at a coyote, and had his wife spotting, he fired asked his wife where it hit, she said, I dont know. Ended up he put a bullet through his hood into the engine, pickup was still running no problems 2 years later. </div></div>

How is this possible, I'm confused.

</div></div>

Not sure, wasnt there, but I saw the pick up for myself, and saw the bullet hole. Its been 6 years since I have seen it. The story I got told, was that he saw the coyote in the scope (coyote had to have been down hill from him) and just assumed that the barrel was clearing the pickup hood. Well it wasnt though cause there was an entrance hole and damn sure no exit hole. But I saw the hole and dont think anyone would make up a story like that.

ETA: Not quit sure if the bullet hit the engine, had to of hit something damn solid in there to not come out though.

I am all for it builds character to the pack and quite a story if you can build one.

"Some days, life is that way, Son..." (My Dad)

Greg