• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Deal of the Year

slayer_21420

Minuteman
Jan 5, 2009
Stanchfield, MN
Well I went to my local Walmart today for some printer ink, and obviously I had to walk by the guns and take a look. A scoped 700 ADL in 7mmRM stood out to me (which is weird, because they’re always there) because it’s price tag looked different. Wasn’t the usual bright yellow clearance tag, but a small odd tag that had nothing but 00249.00 on it. I had to ask if that was the price, kid said yep it sure is. Decided for $249 bucks I could do something with it. After all the computer work and background check the manager came to check me out. Scanned the gun box and it came up at $99!

I just about tipped over! Haha. After I left I decided to check around. Found a Walmart an hour away with two 243’s on the rack at (yep you guessed it) $99 EACH.

Not trying to rub it in, just had to share. Check your local Walmart’s. They had other ridiculous deals that had already been bought as well, such as Henry big boy 357’s and 44mags for $169

Attachments

• 808BD99A-AACF-4A78-A7A9-2A013DC6AD32.jpeg
    808BD99A-AACF-4A78-A7A9-2A013DC6AD32.jpeg
    414.5 KB · Views: 215
Hell of a deal! 3 scoped rifles for the price of 1 700 stripped receiver!

Sounds like Walmart is getting out of selling guns. That's what happened here in Socal when Walmart and Sports Authority quit selling guns. I think I got 3 10/22's for $59 each from SA when they stopped selling guns.

Reactions: slayer_21420
Anybody know if these show up on brickseek or do you have to go to the store and check? There’s only one store near me that has the Henry’s listed on brickseek but if they’re really $170 apiece I’ll go clean them out.

Looks like someone walked into one near me and bought out all the Henry last week. I’m guessing I’ll see them on armslist at full retail in a few days. Lol

Sold out near me- clerk said they were out a couple weeks back. I’ve found that brick seek isn’t totally accurate, but worth a shot.

Def 389. They had 5 at the closest one to me. I woulda got em all

Anybody know if these show up on brickseek or do you have to go to the store and check? There’s only one store near me that has the Henry’s listed on brickseek but if they’re really $170 apiece I’ll go clean them out.

Brickseek is how I found the two .243’s.
There’s still a 270 at a store 45 minutes south of me at $99 but I haven’t been able to make it down.

For Rem 700 ADL? That's the standard price. I got one(.223) for $290 in Abbeville, LA about a month ago. The only thing they had on clearance today was a Savage.

same thing in Carencro. 700ADL with a whatever scope was $389. They had 2-.243’s, 2-.308’s and a .270. Manager rang them all up for me, all $389. He said they ain’t on sale......yet.

Trouble is now that I have these three I have to build them into something worthwhile.

good thing I do my own work, still going to be expensive 😬

Slayer
Do you subscribe to Brickseek. Supposed to get more details if you do. 10.00/mo.

Slayer
Do you subscribe to Brickseek. Supposed to get more details if you do. 10.00/mo.

I don’t, actually I just happened upon it for the first time a couple days ago. Kind of a pain to go through everything but I used the SKU finder feature and just type in “700 adl” and all the variations come up for me to choose from.

I don’t, actually I just happened upon it for the first time a couple days ago. Kind of a pain to go through everything but I used the SKU finder feature and just type in “700 adl” and all the variations come up for me to choose from.
It would only let me see 3stores. Wanted money to see more

I live near Bentonville, AR. Home of the big house for Wally World. I checked my local store this morning at about 830 AM. There was a guy there with a lanyard checking out the rifles. I asked if anyone was manning the counter. He said he could find me someone, and then introduced himself as the buyer for guns and ammo for WallyWorld.

I mentioned my interest in the clearance stock and he told me the Midsouth stock clears very quickly when he marks items down. Apparently he’s clearing stock out for some savage 110s with a better build, and also a rifle made by CDA that comes in a camo pattern that the buyer says has a very nice feel in the action vs others the store stocks. A new entrant to the category. They are also clearing out some remington 770s to make room for 783s.

the counter guy finally showed up and said when he saw the clearance price then he rearranged his counter so those were the first rifles you saw from the aisle. Those rifles sold before the website even showed the change. He also said that an employee from Savage actually purchased 3 of them. Which I gave both of the grief about since he probably had advanced notice.

Anyway, the rifles were long gone when I arrived but thought I would share some news. Sounds like Walmart is trying to step a little higher up from the absolute bottom of the budget rifle category.

I live near Bentonville, AR. Home of the big house for Wally World. I checked my local store this morning at about 830 AM. There was a guy there with a lanyard checking out the rifles. I asked if anyone was manning the counter. He said he could find me someone, and then introduced himself as the buyer for guns and ammo for WallyWorld.

I mentioned my interest in the clearance stock and he told me the Midsouth stock clears very quickly when he marks items down. Apparently he’s clearing stock out for some savage 110s with a better build, and also a rifle made by CDA that comes in a camo pattern that the buyer says has a very nice feel in the action vs others the store stocks. A new entrant to the category. They are also clearing out some remington 770s to make room for 783s.

the counter guy finally showed up and said when he saw the clearance price then he rearranged his counter so those were the first rifles you saw from the aisle. Those rifles sold before the website even showed the change. He also said that an employee from Savage actually purchased 3 of them. Which I gave both of the grief about since he probably had advanced notice.

Anyway, the rifles were long gone when I arrived but thought I would share some news. Sounds like Walmart is trying to step a little higher up from the absolute bottom of the budget rifle category.
That’s definitely good news. The Henry big boys for $169 really surprised me. I wish I had been there that day.

770’s are complete junk, but I’d buy every one I could for $54 a piece!

these three 700’s I bought will probably never fire a round through their factory barrels. I see a 6.5 PRC/SAUM set up for heavies seated way out, a 6SLR, and maybe a bolt swap for 223 AI. Can’t beat $99 700 actions that come with toy scopes and stocks for the kids haha.

Reactions: 65x55guy