• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Dog has great taste in Bourbon

Witch_Doctor

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
No shit, I pour myself 4 fingers of Blanton's, 2 cubes of ice, and hint of water. I start to watch a movie, reach over to grab my glass, and the dog has his tongue deep into my bourbon. Honestly, I figured he would stop, as my other Aussie won't go near alcohol, nope! I had to take away the glass. Go figure, I had a Siberian Husky that would take beer bottles and turn them upside down for the beer, but bourbon, I definitely need to see what happens when I leave a R&J Robusto around . . .
laugh.gif
I wish I could have gotten a picture.

Re: My Dog has great taste in Bourbon

I've had a couple dogs do the same. The one I have nowisn't sure about scotch, but sure likes darker beers.

My three dogs turn their noses away from any alcohol..maybe they have better taste than do I?

Bulleit will go for the glass of bourbon, a darker malty beer, stout, or porter but shies away from pilsner or a really hoppy brew like an IPA.
His favorite though? The ice cubes from the bourbon glass or the tilted bottle of foamy remnant of a good porter

I had a ferret that would go to VERY great lengths for booze, ESPECIALLY margaritas!

P.S. Drunken ferrets are hilarious!

Many years ago my pet rabbit and my roommates ferret shared my roommates bag of pot - my roommate came home from the store - they were Soooooo stoned

Roomate didn't tell me about it for a year, thought the pets were going to die from too much relaxation

? don't know if he feed them any chips or pizza

I remember giving the family Rotweiler a bottle of beer. She got drunk and started running around the yard all happy like. She then jumped into a shallow trench that was half full of muddy water and ran her face through it. I also knew a Pit Bull who liked any beer and was partial to "Seven & Sevens". I guess that's why they are man's best friend.

There is a certain gun plumber who will remain nameless who has a "high vibration" pooch that is a stone cold alcoholic. Funny as shit to see it tear off running and its underdeveloped ass rides up and tumbles the over developed front end. I also think the pooch has a Napoleon complex aided by booze.
laugh.gif

You know who you are
laugh.gif

Cheers,

Doc

Buddies lab loved Bud Light. Had a keg one night and filled a bowl for the pooch. Damn dog got hammered and was walking down the hall leaning against the walls, and running into all kinds of shit. Then he got to clean up the mess the dog left the next morning.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jasmck</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did you drink the remaining bourbon?

James </div></div>

Absolutely, it was Blanton's. Of course this is the same dog that sees me get a beer from the frig and immediately stares me down for it.

Doc,
Had a recently deceased German Shorthair who liked Laphriog scotch. Could not believe it. She finished off the whole glass and wanted more. If you were chewing a piece of gum she would sit there for hours and beg for it. Best dog I have ever had. Faithful to a fault and a good hunter.

I didn't find out till after my border collie showed a preference for really yeasty malts like Guinness that alcohol in any form is really bad for dogs..damn near toxic. So now, once in a while I'll get one of those alcohol free beers, and whip the bubbles out of it with a fork...then he goes for it, and it won't hurt him.

Fortunately, he never had enough to do any damage that I can tell, but I quit giving him any alcohol. I'm really surprised that the OP's dog would even touch bourbon. I believe it, but it is surprising.