• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Dog

I made the decision today that I'll likely have my Shepard put down next week.
I teared up just considering it, but her hindquarters don't work anymore, she's dragging herself around.
She doesn't seem in pain, as it is neuropathy, but she has developed other issues.
She is an awesome, loving dog.

Sorry to hear, definitely not an easy decision.

I teared up just considering it, but her hindquarters don't work anymore, she's dragging herself around.
She doesn't seem in pain, as it is neuropathy, but she has developed other issues.
Went through this 2 years ago.

20200227_171302.jpg

Reactions: Maxwell
Sorry for your loss. Its been a rough year in all aspects for everyone. When you lose a dear friend, it makes it worse. Back in March, my old pup of 12 years had a 2 hour long seizure at 10pm. My whole household had covid at the time and there was nowhere I could take him. I couldn't watch him suffer anymore and had to put him down myself in the yard. I still hear his toe nails click on the hardwoods and hear his collar jingle around the house. My wife does too all the time. Makes us sad but also a little happy like he's still with us. I hope u and your family find peace, bud.
Had to endure similar ordeal just over a year ago. The ol boy was as tough as they come. There are no vets within 3hrs drive, much less any that take calls past 5pm, and we were in full shutdown at midnight. I had to finish things off after sending the kids and wife away, I am still not right with myself after that night. He had a seizure and thought he was gone while my daughter was at practice, but some reason he snapped out of it for a while. When the daughter came home, he perked up and went over to her and had us convinced he was going to be fine, he even ate his dinner. Few hours later he didn't come back to the door after letting him and his sis out to pee like always. I went out and found him, basically unresponsive, still gasping for life but I knew what the score was. Brought him inside, all of us said our goodbyes. Afterwards, my wife and I cleaned him up, "posed" him like he was sleeping, then let the kids out. I thought if they saw him all peaceful like...., shit idk. F'd up night for sure.
That was the 2nd time I said no more dogs. The replacement pup has been such a gift to our family though, and I now can say honestly that I'll never not have a dog. The purest of loyalty and love a guy can ever receive.

We have two beautiful Bernese Mountain Dogs that are such a part of our lives, that I really dread the time that we need to deal with it.

We have had to put down several of our animals............and as I have said before.........it's the hardest thing a person will ever do...........

God bless the animals that keep us company, and fill are hearts with love............because they have unconditional love for us........

View attachment 7799439
View attachment 7799442
They know. And the movie is true. All dogs go to heaven.

Be kind to your vet.

It may not seem like it’s a thing, but Vetrinarians kill themselves all the damn time. People bring in their cute little puppies that have cancer and 3 crying kids and 2 crying adults and then they put it to sleep right there on the spot.

Then they go in back to find out if those drugs really are painless.

When I worked at a vets office fixing their computers on contract I came in and found the new 24 year old smoking hot chick vet who took over for the old guy dead in back after hours.

Someone brought in a litter of puppies that were gonna die from Parvo and that was all she wrote.

I’m super glad that place had cameras.

That sucks, I have lost a few. Go out to a shelter and have another dog rescue you. The next dog will not replace the one you lost, but will be an entirely new friend.

I can't read this thread there is just too much dust in here.

So sorry OP, loosing your best friend....so hard to do.

Only thing I say on threads like this is there is only one thing that will fill the hole in your heart......another dog.

I am so sorry...I dread that day more than any. Prayers for your and your dog.