• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Experience W/ Patriot Valley Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevenplagues

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 21, 2019
    Orlando, FL
    We ordered a PV40 tripod from Patriot Valley Arms and did not receive the ball head.

My wife called on the Monday before Christmas and spoke to the owner to make sure it would arrive in time for Christmas. He said that they were confident that it would arrive before Christmas and that there was no need to expedite the package.

Opened up the package on Christmas to find that the ball head wasn't in the box. I waited until their next business day to reach out to them. Their Facebook page stated they were OPEN FOR BUSINESS and I tried to contact them during their hours of operation posted on their website. Nobody ever picked up. Saw a post on PVA on Snipers Hide and posted that I was trying to get in touch. Received horrible backlash from members senselessly & blindly defending PVA. At the end of the day, its a business, whether its run by 1 person or a team, communication is key. PVA failed here.

Before purchasing we read a bunch of reviews all stating that the package included the ball head & their own website shows it in their description.

See sources:

I've since spoken to the owner, and he's offended by the things I've posted online while trying to get in touch with him.
    I now see a lot of complaints about his behavior and his companies issues.
    The owner seems to feel emboldened to show his attitude because of the way the community has responded.
    It's unfortunate because I've never had any intention of bad mouthing PVA.
    I was excited to receive the product but was disappointed in their lack of transparency and communication.

Now he wants to charge me a restock fee and claims that because it USED TO COME WITH A BALLHEAD, BUT NO LONGER DOES, that its not his fault.
    They need to update their website and take responsibility, instead of trying to justify doing bad business.

Attachments

• BALLHEAD.png
      BALLHEAD.png
      843.7 KB · Views: 116
    • index.png
      index.png
      375.7 KB · Views: 113
    • 1640708978313.png
      1640708978313.png
      1 MB · Views: 98
    • PVA_BALLHEAD.png
      PVA_BALLHEAD.png
      53.5 KB · Views: 79
    • PVA_BALLHEADSPECS.png
      PVA_BALLHEADSPECS.png
      28.9 KB · Views: 78
    Last edited:
    I run a web business. It is MY responsibility to keep the description of any products up to date. It is NOT within my ethical business practice, to expect my customers to have ESP.

Mistakes happen BUT when they are my fault I fall on bended knee and mitigate with the least inconvenience to the customer possible…..

I run a web business. It is MY responsibility to keep the description of any products up to date. It is NOT within my ethical business practice, to expect my customers to have ESP.

Mistakes happen BUT when they are my fault I fall on bended knee and mitigate with the least inconvenience to the customer possible…..
    This is what was sent to me from the owner:

1640710847734.png

Instead of choosing to be understanding and fix my issue, he chose to be offended, sour, and punish me with a "restock fee"

LOL you’re a whiny fucking douche.

First of all, the website doesn’t mention ANYWHERE that a ball head is included, I just looked. Cool some old articles mention that one was included because it used to be, isn’t anymore. Tough shit, be less retarded and read product descriptions.

How dare someone not answer to your beckoning call the first day after Christmas weekend. The audacity of people to spend time with their family and relax over the holidays.

Customers like you absolutely fucking suck.

The only mistakes that were made were assumptions by the customer.

You can’t fix stupid.
    Done with you.
    LOL you’re a whiny fucking douche.

First of all, the website doesn’t mention ANYWHERE that a ball head is included, I just looked. Cool some old articles mention that one was included because it used to be, isn’t anymore. Tough shit.

How dare someone not answer to your beckoning call the first day after Christmas weekend. The audacity of people to spend time with their family and relax over the holidays.

Customers like you absolutely fucking suck.
    Horrible attitude bud.

• Haha
    Reactions: Doc68
    We ordered a PV40 tripod from Patriot Valley Arms and did not receive the ball head.

My wife called on the Monday before Christmas and spoke to the owner to make sure it would arrive in time for Christmas. He said that they were confident that it would arrive before Christmas and that there was no need to expedite the package.

Opened up the package on Christmas to find that the ball head wasn't in the box. I waited until their next business day to reach out to them. Their Facebook page stated they were OPEN FOR BUSINESS and I tried to contact them during their hours of operation posted on their website. Nobody ever picked up. Saw a post on PVA on Snipers Hide and posted that I was trying to get in touch. Received horrible backlash from members senselessly & blindly defending PVA. At the end of the day, its a business, whether its run by 1 person or a team, communication is key. PVA failed here.

Before purchasing we read a bunch of reviews all stating that the package included the ball head & their own website shows it in their description.

See sources:

I've since spoken to the owner, and he's offended by the things I've posted online while trying to get in touch with him.
    I now see a lot of complaints about his behavior and his companies issues.
    The owner seems to feel emboldened to show his attitude because of the way the community has responded.
    It's unfortunate because I've never had any intention of bad mouthing PVA.
    I was excited to receive the product but was disappointed in their lack of transparency and communication.

Now he wants to charge me a restock fee and claims that because it USED TO COME WITH A BALLHEAD, BUT NO LONGER DOES, that its not his fault.
    They need to update their website and take responsibility, instead of trying to justify doing bad business.
    For the sake of posterity and the brewing libel action I'm quoting this and then refraining from posting anything else.

Our position stands that the transaction went through as ordered, the product was shipped as promised even though the order was delayed by several hours and made for additional work on our part. Our standard Terms and Conditions as published on the website apply.

For the sake of posterity and the brewing libel action I'm quoting this and then refraining from posting anything else.

Our position stands that the transaction went through as ordered, the product was shipped as promised even though the order was delayed by several hours and made for additional work on our part. Our standard Terms and Conditions as published on the website apply.

I ordered a barrel from you and it didn’t come with the rest of the rifle. I read an article once where you built a whole rifle for someone so I expected extra shit that I didn’t pay for. I’M INFURIATED.

So now you need a second bitching thread instead of just admitting YOU are wrong and you got exactly what the description of the item was and didn't get an option you didn't order.

Was the first bitching thread not enough for you?

Hang it up while you can still back out with a bit of dignity,

You are going to get totally slammed for being a whining little brat if you keep going the way you are going.

If you continue, the only thing you are doing to accomplish with your many threads is convince folks that you are a horrible person to deal with and make folks be more likely to buy from PVA, out of sympathy for having to deal with you.

Walk away now with your dignity and delete your threads and go buy whatever attachment head you want for the tripod you got.

I just looked at your link to the tripod on Patrot Valley and I in no way got the impression that the ball head is included. It's just the tripod.

Again.....Reading and Comprehension are hard, apparently the op is struggling with both. Go easy on him, he's not a smart man....and that's ok......

Reactions: Tokay444
    No way does this say a ball head is incl. this is just a section on height w the head.

Under “included” you will see a carrying case but no mention of a ball head.

You, your wife, or both badly misread the product listing and IMO you now just need to go buy a freaking ball head.

IMO, you are way off base b

I took screenshots of the original posting. IF the description has changed since... well I cant control that.

Friend told me about PVA's package. I went to the website, saw the ballhead in the pictures read about the specs of the ball head in the description. Looked for some reviews from credible sources and made a logical decision to purchase the package after those sources said the ball head was included.

Im not trying to pull one over on anyone. Its literally a simple fix.

I took screenshots of the original posting. IF the description has changed since... well I cant control that.

Friend told me about PVA's package. I went to the website, saw the ballhead in the pictures read about the specs of the ball head in the description. Looked for some reviews from credible sources and made a logical decision to purchase the package after those sources said the ball head was included.

Im not trying to pull one over on anyone. Its literally a simple fix.

1. Your friend should pick better friends.

2. No, fixing stupid is not simple and quite arguable impossible.

No way does this say a ball head is incl. this is just a section on height w the head.

Under “included” you will see a carrying case but no mention of a ball head.

You, your wife, or both badly misread the product listing and IMO you now just need to go buy a freaking ball head.

IMO, you are way off base b

Its misleading.

Its misleading.
    So now what? What exactly do you want? A free ball head? An update to their website? An apology?

You now have two separate threads on this issue, making you look twice as stupid.

Still waiting on the screen shots of the confirmation email showing what you ordered.

It sucks to have a bad interaction with a vendor, but you really need to take a step back and look at the full picture.

I run a business with listings on Facebook and Google. Their “open/closed” listings are based on an hourly schedule you give them when you create the page. A small business isn’t likely going to go in and update that every single time they have something come up.

You posted pictures from websites other than PVA. On PVA’s website that you linked, there is absolutely no mention of any included ball head, but there is mention of compatible ball heads. As a person who has never shot from a tripod nor looked into buying one, I can understand how you or your wife overlooked the ball head, but at the end of the day, that’s our mistake and not PVA’s.

I have actually had a less than ideal experience with PVA. I called them and emailed them and expressed my feelings in a civil manner and Josh and crew were very receptive and helpful in rectifying the situation to my satisfaction and I have since had very positive experiences with them.

I suspect you would have had a more favorable outcome if you had given them time to respond rather than blasting them on the internet expecting to get sympathy.

You/your wife made an error. PVA fulfilled their part and seemingly went above and beyond their part in an effort to get your gift there in time for Christmas. It’s well beyond time for you to own the error and move on.

edit: I see now you posted an email from Joe as if it should prove something to us... What do you expect that to prove other than they told you the truth—that you blasted them after making an assumption based on things you read on other websites that are 2.5+ years old?

Last edited:
    Its misleading.
    Not really if you also read where it says :
    Our tripod will work with the TA-3 Really Right Stuff Leveling Base and video bowl and the Anvil 30 Compact Ballhead using the 3/8"-16 mount.

To me that tells you it doesn't come with a ballhead as well. I mean that with the also included section.

It sucks to have a bad interaction with a vendor, but you really need to take a step back and look at the full picture.

I run a business with listings on Facebook and Google. Their “open/closed” listings are based on an hourly schedule you give them when you create the page. A small business isn’t likely going to go in and update that every single time they have something come up.

You posted pictures from websites other than PVA. On PVA’s website that you linked, there is absolutely no mention of any included ball head, but there is mention of compatible ball heads. As a person who has never shot from a tripod nor looked into buying one, I can understand how you or your wife overlooked the ball head, but at the end of the day, that’s our mistake and not PVA’s.

I have actually had a less than ideal experience with PVA. I called them and emailed them and expressed my feelings in a civil manner and Josh and crew were very receptive and helpful in rectifying the situation to my satisfaction and I have since had very positive experiences with them.

I suspect you would have had a more favorable outcome if you had given them time to respond rather than blasting them on the internet expecting to get sympathy.

You/your wife made an error. PVA fulfilled their part and seemingly went above and beyond their part in an effort to get your gift there in time for Christmas. It’s well beyond time for you to own the error and move on.

edit: I see now you posted an email from Joe as if it should prove something to us... What do you expect that to prove other than they told you the truth—that you blasted them after making an assumption based on things you read on other websites that are 2.5+ years old?

^^^^This.... PVA has always been a good vendor and I suspect that if you had been patient and asked nicely you would have gotten a much different reaction.

I think any reasonable person could understand how you could have been confused, but their website doesn't say it comes with the ballhead.

Too many people these days run online and post negative things about products and companies to try to strong-arm them into getting what they want... I think companies are getting wise and learning to not give in, since it just encourages people to do this more and more.

My advice is to just keep the bipod, save yourself the restocking fee and apply it towards the purchase of a quality ballhead.

So now what? What exactly do you want? A free ball head? An update to their website? An apology?

You now have two separate threads on this issue, making you look twice as stupid.

Still waiting on the screen shots of the confirmation email showing what you ordered.

I dont want anything for free. I'd like to return it without penalty. It wasn't clear.

I am looking at the full picture. If you read the other screenshots that I posted, it provides details on the included ball head.
    Ive spoken to people already who said the ball head was included. Theres pictures everywhere all over the internet with the ball head included.
    I wasnt trying to be uncivil, but I certainly was frustrated.
    I dont feel we made an error in the purchase, it was pretty clear that PVA didnt update their website properly.

Hang it up while you can still back out with a bit of dignity,

Walk away now with your dignity and delete your threads and go buy whatever attachment head you want for the tripod you got.

That would be a bitch way out! OP I say you should go for broke on this one... Keep posting the misleading weblinks and flex on PVA, I'm sure they'll admit fault.

If you could mention your bench press and bow kills that would really put the fear of God in them!

I dont want anything for free. I'd like to return it without penalty. It wasn't clear.
    Post the order confirmation email (redact personal information). If it shows a ball head as included in the package you paid for then you have a case.

Otherwise, you don’t.

It was crystal clear, you’re just dumb. The description says what’s included on the site and that’s all that matters. The product page doesn’t need to list every item that isn’t included, only what is. Did you expect it to come with a Lamborghini as well since the page doesn’t say one isn’t included? You ordered a tripod and that’s what you got.

It’s also crystal clear in the terms and conditions that there’s a 25% restocking fee on returned items if they’re not defective. I guess it’s someone else’s fault for that too.

I hope you come to your senses and realize where you are wrong, you decided to order the ball head, and then they cancel your order as a giant middle finger to you 😂

Status
    Not open for further replies.