• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Experience W/ Patriot Valley Arms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at the full picture. If you read the other screenshots that I posted, it provides details on the included ball head.
Ive spoken to people already who said the ball head was included. Theres pictures everywhere all over the internet with the ball head included.
I wasnt trying to be uncivil, but I certainly was frustrated.
I dont feel we made an error in the purchase, it was pretty clear that PVA didnt update their website properly.
Zero people who read the product description agree w you and your wife. Nobody.

Reminds me of that old saw “my mind is made up, don’t confuse me w facts”

I am looking at the full picture. If you read the other screenshots that I posted, it provides details on the included ball head.
Ive spoken to people already who said the ball head was included. Theres pictures everywhere all over the internet with the ball head included.
I dont feel we made an error in the purchase, it was pretty clear that PVA didnt update their website properly.

My guy, the screenshots that you posted were from other websites that are nearing three years old. You tried to do research before your purchase, which is great, but if you thought there was a discrepancy or something wasn’t clear, you should have contacted them for verification. Instead, you relied on a third and fourth party’s very outdated information. Then you blasted PVA for not responding the first business day after Christmas. When they stopped including a ball head, they removed text from the page that said a ball head was included. Presumably, you feel they should update their product page to specifically say that a ball head isn’t included. Do you think everyone selling any product should explicitly list everything that isn’t included? That’ll work well.

You made a mistake. Own it. After all, that’s what you’ve spent two days and 25 posts trying to get PVA to do, isn’t it? The difference is, they didn’t make a mistake here.

It’s been said and I’ll say it again. PVA probably would have graciously waived your restocking fee if you had told them, “I’m sorry, after reading all these reviews of this product, I really thought it came with the ball head and whatever else. I really can’t afford to buy those separately, would it be possible to return this?”

Unfortunately, you chose the vinegar instead of the honey and thus you’ve made your bed. Own your mistakes and move on. We all make them. There’s no shame in making a mistake, only in how you handle the aftermath.

b1ed1a56f9169962f646444432fe15e5.jpg

Those are 3 years old and not from PVA’s website. They couldn’t be more irrelevant.

Reactions: 308pirate
My guy, the screenshots that you posted were from other websites that are nearing three years old. You tried to do research before your purchase, which is great, but if you thought there was a discrepancy or something wasn’t clear, you should have contacted them for verification. Instead, you relied on a third and fourth party’s very outdated information. Then you blasted PVA for not responding the first business day after Christmas. When they stopped including a ball head, they removed text from the page that said a ball head was included. Presumably, you feel they should update their product page to specifically say that a ball head isn’t included. Do you think everyone selling any product should explicitly list everything that isn’t included? That’ll work well.

You made a mistake. Own it. After all, that’s what you’ve spent two days and 25 posts trying to get PVA to do, isn’t it? The difference is, they didn’t make a mistake here.

It’s been said and I’ll say it again. PVA probably would have graciously waived your restocking fee if you had told them, “I’m sorry, after reading all these reviews of this product, I really thought it came with the ball head and whatever else. I really can’t afford to buy those separately, would it be possible to return this?”

Unfortunately, you chose the vinegar instead of the honey and thus you’ve made your bed. Own your mistakes and move on. We all make them. There’s no shame in making a mistake, only in how you handle the aftermath.
Amen. Very insightful.

Reactions: Lunchbox27
OP you were mistaken. The site clearly states what it comes with and a ballhead isn't part of it. That PRB article from a few years ago does not constitute what PVA has to give you. That was then and this is now. You have been given the option to return it so the choice is yours now. So this thread will be getting locked. It's been beaten to death.

@Deadpenink

I understand you're sore about this situation and that's not something that I like to see with folks as they deal with my company. We clearly see things differently and I doubt that will change. In an effort to help you out, rather than holding specifically to the published company policy I will offer you this:

You are welcome to return the product for a full refund less the shipping paid. When the tripod arrives in original condition we will open it up, make sure all is GTG and then refund your card for everything but the shipping cost. As a few folks mentioned, I'd have done this to start if my first experience wasn't having rocks and accusations of dishonesty and impropriety thrown at me and my company name.

Maaaannnnn... you lucky.

@bohem did something that i definitely wouldn't have done. You would have learned the hard way of how to navigate this place. Shows how good of a dude Josh is. Look at this as a Christmas miracle, Home Slice..

Status
Not open for further replies.