• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Nuke Man

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 24, 2012
North West, Illinois
I have been wanting a 1911 for a long time. A buddy of mine runs a small gun shop in town. He got a few Springfield Armory models in last week. I've been drooling and talking about them everyday. Well today the wife says " Why don't you just go get one, happy father's day" ! I pick up my Range Officer Monday! I wanted a Springfield because they are about 10 minutes from me.
Anyway just wanted to share my excitement!

I hate 1911s they are like longrange guns you buy 1 then you look in the safe and they are breeding, and the wife is pissed oh well.

Now just to decide on what mods to do to it. Probably start with sights first. There's a company about 2 hrs south of me, Heinie. They make some pretty nice sights called the straight 8. Not sure what else I should do.

Here she is!
I talked to a friend of mine who works for Springfield Armory in the custom shop about any useful mods. He suggested checkering the front strap, adding a match bushing and a fiber front sight. That's about all it could use.