• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first Bull Elk

rhildy77

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 12, 2012
Tucson, AZ
This year I had the opportunity to finally draw a early rifle bull tag here in northern Arizona. The hunt started out rainy everyday all day but we ran into Bulls no matter what the weather was doing. Well on the third day of the hunt I finally took my bull. He ain't a monster like some but you know what I am happy as heck with this bring my first elk tag and there will be more elk tags to come also. I shot him at 225 yards and it was a solid hit but Im one of those if it's still standing out another in him so I did and after that second 230 OTM hit him he was out for the count. Both shots were 1/2" apart from each other and all the hiking and pain made up for what I was putting in my freezer and my very first bull elk hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 31
Congrats on a great bull - might not qualify as 'a monster' but he's not too far off!

Thank you now it's time to help the wife get her first harvest in the book which is a cow elk

What unit was that taken out of? I finally drew my first AZ elk tag in 18 years, a 7E early rifle bull tag. Super stoked.

That's a great bull if you ask me. Congrats on an awesome hunt!