• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My first custom built rifle.

Veteran4life

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2019
20190116_121626.jpg

Very Nice. How about some details? Caliber, chassis, smith, etc.

It is a remington 700 6.5 creedmor on an Mdt Hs3 chasis. I've got a timny trigger on it with an sas muscle break, hoping to purchase the barricade. I topped it with the vortex viper pst 5×25x50.

This is my first serious long range rifle.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
The smith is a local here in Rock Springs Wyoming, an disabled vet I deployed to Iraq with. Mike Sweat of Tetrahydron firearms. Good man, meticulous smith. He went as far as to bed the action because he doesn't like how the action bites into the aluminum chasis when torqued.

I have had it out shooting on some seriously windy days and it performs well. I havnt shot serious groups but in a 25 mile an hour cross wind, I was still shooting sub moa groups.

Oh and it's a ss shileen select match barrel. I will likely upgrade that when I shoot this barrel out.

I didn't go about this very scientifically. But this was just about 30 minutes ago.

Attachments

• 20190129_111216.jpg
    20190129_111216.jpg
    441.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190129_111221.jpg
    20190129_111221.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 19
I didn't go about this very scientifically. But this was just about 30 minutes ago.
Shooting off of the bipod, I hate the benches at this particular range, the seats are to low, so I just leaned over the bench and let her RIP. I made a few adjustments and fired that 5 shot group on the center target. Hornady 140 bhtp. I need to get a reloading set up.

a good rest and lest wind and a few more rounds down the tube and those groups should tighten up nicely

Nice rig man, congrats! A word of advice, invest in a nice rear bag. A lot of good companies out that make good products. Armageddon gear, Accuracy First just to name a couple