• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My First ever bipod. What should I be looking at for this gun?

skipnay

Private
Minuteman
Apr 13, 2014
I have the Bergara BMP-14. I prefer something no higher then 12-14 inches because I don't think I need anything higher. I don't think I will ever shoot much past 1000. My local range is only 800 yards anyway. I want it to swivel because I'm not going to try and pick up the rifle every time to get it where I need it if I can just move my body a little left or right. I would like it to be notched legs but not a deal breaker... What mount and what bipod is for me? I was hoping to get everything I needed for around or under $500.

Atlas or Harris are the first that come to mind. You can have either ready to go with whatever accessories you desire for the budget you set. They all pretty much do he same thing, suppprt the front of the rifle. It's just a matter of what little features do you like.

I have both a Atlas and a Harris. I prefer the Harris. However, as many have said, YMMV

Well I decided to call the closest Atlas dealer and see what they had in stock. They had the BT46-LW17 which is the one I was looking at. They also had a few others. So I picked it up and a mount that I needed for this Bergara. I am very happy with it right now. I will be needing one for my HMR then. I will probably put this atlas on that then after I have it broke in a bit. I just didn't want to spend the money on the Long Range Accuracy at this time.

So I picked it up and a mount that I needed for this Bergara. I just didn't want to spend the money on the Long Range Accuracy at this time.

That is a fine choice! I had the Atlas myself and was quite pleased with its solid construction, though my conclusion was that in terms of function the Harris works just as well. I agree, coughing up nearly $500 for a bipod takes some doing, and there are other accessories that could do more for my shooting.

I have a long and a short Atlas and love them both. I really like them when I come up to a stage with tires.