• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first GAP - .338 Lapua

AfghanDM

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2010
Texas
After a very long wait she arrived today... more pics and specs to follow.

IMG_1004_zps966ecd67.jpg

IMG_1006_zps2f43c05e.jpg

I take it you are either in the Army or Marines, you will very much enjoy that rifle. The .338 Lapua is one of my favorite cartridges tons of reloading info and easily can go distances past 2000yds. It is also quite forgiving at shorter ranges (>1000yds) with minimal wind shifting due to the high BC bullets aval and the velocity. You will love that chassis, it is super solid and being folder it will save a lot of headache in storing and packing back country. Very beautiful rifle good choice!

Rifle started as a factory new Remington 700 .338 Lapua. I immediately sent it to GAP for them to work all their magic…

Blueprint Action
Factory Trigger tuned
Badger Bolt knob installed
Badger Recoil lug
Badger 20MOA Base
Bartlein 26” 1/10 Varmit/PSS contour
Badger FTE muzzle brake
Black Cerakote

IMG_1012_zps795507cf.jpg

IMG_1013_zpsfd1c5ac7.jpg

IMG_1015_zps6b791c62.jpg

IMG_1016_zpsd3ee3e25.jpg

IMG_1017_zps17741c92.jpg

Still trying to persuade the boss I need a "certain" scope... Also, does anyone have any leads on factory ammo? I have one box of Federal but am looking for more.

AfghanDM
Good luck regarding your new scope; are you talking about your Boss at work, or your "Boss" at home? Not sure which one would be easier to convince...
For the factory Federal, they are still hard to find. I you are shooting for fun, as a civilian, I would suggest reloading. If it is for work, I have not seen much factory Federal available lately.
FYI, a friend of mine sold some ammo to a Sheriff's Department; they were running short, this is getting ridiculous.
Enjoy, you have a great rifle.
Good shooting.
Ombre noire

Sweet set up. I am in the same boat looking for bullets for my .338 LM as well. Bought 250 Bergers when I had the chance and only 100 SMKS and just my luck the gun likes the 300 gr SMKS and now only have 40 left and 200+ Bergers that don't shoot as good as the SMK's.

great looking rifle man, make sure you post pics when you get some range time with her, looking forward to the pics and how she handles! Congrats

Nice rifle, whats the plans for glass? Search for one.shot.one.hit

He is in WI, he had 100 rounds of 285s for sale a few weeks back.