• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first kill over 1000!

MTyotehunter

MTyotehunter
Minuteman
Apr 5, 2012
Montana
6x47Lapua running 105Hornady HPBT, 5mph Morning wind, Found a PD laying on a mound at 1013, 1st shot off 6in(windage) second went right by its head and shot three took it through the shoulders. Also took one at 920 with two shots, and made a first round hit at 700. I was missing my spotter (cooper257) who had to leave for work the weekend of the PD shoot.
P1030550_zps529fa713.jpg

Good shooting that had to be a pretty small target @ a grand. I have shot a hog that far but he was a little bigger.

That is some excellent shooting! Congrats.

What were you using to get your ranges?
Thanks guys! I was pretty excited and had to share. Ive been using the Bushnell Elite 1600 binos for 8 months now and Ive been very impressed!

evilcoon, study and take every chance you get to learn, shoot lots and take every shot with your best form. I have shot alot of rounds but I just bought my first turret scope 16 months ago, at that time my longest kill was 500yards, once I got into this style of shooting I became a addict! It puts a different spin on shooting where everything becomes more critical and challanging. Best of luck!