• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My first long range rig

nismo_dreaming

Private
Minuteman
Mar 20, 2011
Hey everyone. I'm very new to the site, and also new to long range shooting. Heres my rig

Remington 700 26" Heavy Barrel in .308
B&C Medalist A2 stock (OD Green)
Wyatt's Detachable Magazine System
TPS 35mm Low Rings
Blackhawk one piece steel base
Millett LRS-1 6-25x56mm Scope

Remy7004.jpg

Remy7003.jpg

Remy7002.jpg

Remy7001.jpg

Please let me know what you think. I'll post some range results this weekend.

Re: My first long range rig

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chadwick122689</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good starter rifle... I just like these simple builds better than anything... good job </div></div>

Thank you sir. I picked it up from Dicks sporting goods for $450 bucks. Came with a god awful Mossy Oak camo, Chinese knock off scope, and was originally an ADL model. Still a great deal anyway you look at it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: YN*Dotte</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good bro, should keep you shooting for a while. </div></div>

I plan on keeping this one for life. My girlfriend funded the purchase as a birthday gift
smile.gif
Since then, she's become my Fiance....guess you can see why haha.

I like it everything about it except to me the sunshade throws off the aesthetic balance of the way the rifle looks.

Form follows function though!

Welcome to the addiction. Now go shoot the hell out of it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remington Amateur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I picked it up from Dicks sporting goods for $450 bucks. Came with a god awful Mossy Oak camo, Chinese knock off scope, and was originally an ADL model. Still a great deal anyway you look at it.</div></div>
That's the best way to do it. No reason to spend extra money on stuff you don't need and are simply going to throw away.

Is that the harris bi-pod I'm seeing on there?

Thanks for all the compliments guys. I wish it was a real Harris haha. It's a UTD tactical bipod. Has a plate that goes into the stud mount, and a picatinny bipod attachment. Only $30 and it works just as good as my buddies Harris
smile.gif
. Well see how long it lasts though....

Nice rile man. I was wanting to do something like that but my local gun store talked me in to buying a 5r. I looked at the same rifle a dicks but it was around 550.00. Congrats on the gun and the Fiance, she sounds like a keeper.

clean, waiting for the range up date. Hope the weather is nice!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: razorback308</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rile man. I was wanting to do something like that but my local gun store talked me in to buying a 5r. I looked at the same rifle a dicks but it was around 550.00. Congrats on the gun and the Fiance, she sounds like a keeper. </div></div>

Shes great, and supports my hobbies for firearms and cars. Couldn't be happier. Yea, I always try and do as much of my own personal research before purchasing anything. Hard to trust the opinion of a financially motivated individual ; ).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Fox5</div><div class="ubbcode-body">clean, waiting for the range up date. Hope the weather is nice! </div></div>

Went out today and zero'd her in. Was able to make between a 1/2 and 1/4 group of 5 shots, with the occasional flyer : D. Here's how I made out at the 200 yrd range....

9dfce44f.jpg

The top right shot was my last round. As you can clearly see ...... I need a lot more trigger time. For some reason i shoot a lot better with much smaller targets? Was shooting 147 gr DAG Surplus FMJ ammo. Perfect weather conditions. Here's a pic my buddy snuck up on me and got.

c0030423.jpg

Hope to return to the range soon and really hone my skills. BTW....whats a really good but affordable bolt handle knob I can get for my Remmy? This one gets uncomfortably close to my scope.

I'm also interested in the bolt knob question. I have a Night Vision scope that I want to use but the bolt is too close to it to open. With the day scope it's ok but there isn't much room there by any means.