• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Photos My First Rifle

Strip Poker 388

Rob Stringer
Minuteman
This is my first rifle, got it in Nov.So I am new to shooting.A buddy let me shoot his rem700 one day at a friends land and got me hooked,He helped me build it and got me started,He's been teaching me how to shoot and all the stuff that goes with it,I guess I got a good head start being he's very knowledgeable ;)Now I need a lot of pratice.Its a Rem 700 308 varmit,Bell & Carlson,Wyatts,Harris Bi-pod,NightForce 8-32x56 rings and base,

Picks,local range 300 yard,and my cleaning table.

Rob

Re: My First Rifle

WOW, nice first rifle. Got a NF for your first rifles glass topper. My first glass was a elcheapo tasco.

Glad to see a newbee into the fun sport. Please share some range reports.

wow...out of the gate with a really nice rig! I wish I had someone knowledgeable help me get started-I would have saved a small fortune!
I suppose you already know this won't be your only rifle for long.....

enjoy!

That setup will serve you well. You should not have any trouble hitting the gong at 1000yds. At 300, that rifle is just getting warmed up.

I havent tried bench yet,I see these guys with all the stands, vises and stuff,kinda takes out the human to me?

I did some shooting Wed at 300yard with a little wind to the right,I didnt correct for it,dope card said 17-19clicks up,I was at 17.Im geting alittle better,these were my best groups of 10 shot clip of the day 86 rounds,one is with both eyes open

url]

url]

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW, nice first rifle. Got a NF for your first rifles glass topper. My first glass was a elcheapo tasco.

Glad to see a newbee into the fun sport. Please share some range reports. </div></div>

Thanks.I'm definitely having fun,just wish I could get better quicker. When we built the gun,my buddy suggested a Bushnell 2.5-16x42,said thats what he recommends to his students,all that I would need,I wanted to step up in thinking better scope would help/make me shoot better,I guess making up for me not having shot with a scope ever.I bought a Leupold 8.5x25x50 VX3,shot it 3 months and was having trouble with my eye focusing,straining looking to long thru it he said,My other buddy I shoot with wanted the scope and that gave me a reason to step up.Also thinking that one day having a bigger rifle and be able to use on it also_On most days I can see up to 500 yards were the bullet hits the paper,not needing a spoting scope.
grin.gif

Rob