• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing My first Tennessee Boar!

PatrickChewing

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 28, 2010
    Birmingham, AL
    I took this boar a couple of weeks ago in Monterey, Tennessee. I cant wait to get it back from the taxidermist!

pc

678.jpg

Re: My first Tennessee Boar!

Nice. I have been hunting on some public land along the a river in southeastern NC after a monster boar I seen on the river bank, while fishing. He's smart, I haven't found him yet.

Great Boar, nice cutters on him. You getting a skull bleach or a shoulder mount.

Bad Ass MO-FO...seems to be leaking some red shit from his mouth!

Nice pig, did you fry up any of the meat? I've never had a taxidermy done before but it seems a shame to let so much of the steak go to waste.

Still, that's going to look mighty fine over the fireplace.

Cpl,

Yea I got tons of meat from it. Tenderloins, ham steak, chops, and sausage. I'm a meat eater and not about to let it go to waste!

Bub,

It was a great hunt. I had a blast! I have been on a quest for a trophy Russian boar for some time and this guy was just the ticket. Good cutters, big thick shoulders, and a big tuft of hair along the spine.

For what it's worth, in the picture I was at the prime (read largest!) stage of my bodybuilding off season and weighed about 255-260. We never weighed the hog but the guides estimated it was around 300-330 pounds. I'm not sure if it weighed that but it took a ton of effort from four guys to move him around.

Thanks for all the comments guys!

I just got this photo from the taxidermist. This is a smaller female pig that I got on the first evening of the hunt. We did weigh her and she was a hair over 245.

FemaleHog.jpg