• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing My Fluted Bolt.... Kampfeld Custom

adkmtnman

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 14, 2011
Upstate, NY
Talk about FAST!
Less than a week and its back...

I got my bolt back from Karl today. What a great job he did. If anyone is looking for fluting, give Karl a shot... http://www.kampfeldcustom.com/
He does a lot of other work as well. If its anything like how my bolt came out, its TOP NOTCH. I will be sending more bolts for him to do up for sure!

Here is a few pics. I went with the TI Style Flute Pattern

IMAG0275.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0276.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

Thanks again Karl, if you see this

Re: My Fluted Bolt.... Kampfeld Custom

Karl does an excellent job. I have sent his a lot of bolts and barrels and the machine finish on the metal is superior. He definitely is the man with a milling machine!

Mark

+1 on Kampfeld custom, Awesome work and Lightning fast. Karl is top notch. I have sent him a few bolts to flute and install knobs. He got one of them on a Friday afternoon and had it back in the mail to me on saturday!

That is some nice work. He will be doing mine in the future.

what that set ya back? looks real nice

Karl did the TI fluting on my bolt as well. He did the work and shipped it on the day he received it! Can't ask for better service than that! Excellent work, and a nice guy too.

Shipped him 6 more last week. He is a speed fiend on turnaround. There are other I would also use, but I really like the Ti like flutes.

Damn his website is flash, can't look on the iPad.

Off to my android phone... Lol

Can you post a pic of it on the rifle?

I'll get a pic of it in there... As I gotta box up the stock anyway.

Karl is great, his gun refinishing is also as good as his fluting. Top notch with attention to details. Z

Karl was a pleasure to deal with.

Here is the picture of the bolt in the gun

IMAG0278.jpg

I keep coming back to this thread because it looks so nice!

Like many have already said, Karl is a heck of a nice guy to deal with and his work is top knotch. He has done probably 6-7 bolts in his Ti flute and 3-4 Campfire bolt knobs and 2 barrels which always look great. And quick turn around for sure. Wish I knew how to post pics here, he just fluted and did a bolt knob on my LVSF 7mm-08 that looks awesome.

he did the work on my barrel and bolt on my new SAC rifle - outstanding work.
IMG_1897.jpg

Another plug for Kampfeld, outstanding job on my bolt. His turn-around time and quality of work is second to none. Price ain't half bad either.

DSCF0103.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he did the work on my barrel and bolt on my new SAC rifle - outstanding work.
IMG_1897.jpg
</div></div>

mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm
That is a sexy rifle... .223?
very nice...

Karl Feldkamp is the go-to guy for barrel and bolt fluting and is no longer taking in rifle builds to keep his turnaround time fast. There is a reason many top builders have Karl do their fluting. Too bad he isn't doing builds right now, I'd love to own one of his rifles.

another nod to Karl, my 300wm is a work of art, the quality of work and attention to detail is phenomenal. Too bad its been sitting in a safe for the last 2.5yrs unfired.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: adkmtnman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">he did the work on my barrel and bolt on my new SAC rifle - outstanding work.
</div></div>

mmmm mmmm mmmmmmmm
That is a sexy rifle... .223?
very nice... </div></div>
yes, it is a 223