• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My friend's Collection

simo-waldron

Private
Minuteman
Jul 27, 2012
One of my best friends asked me "what should he buy next ?"

He does not want to buy any bolt actions until the political climate changes.
He doesn't think 5.56 is the best caliber for semi-auto, despite the fact that he has SCAR 16S in 5.56.That is why most of his rifle collection .308 or 6.8
He does not want to buy any title 2 firearms (Class 3)

What would you recommend ?

Re: My friend's Collection

"what should he buy next ?"

A session with a financial planner.

Pictures or it didn't happen!!!
smile.gif

I would think he would invest in some mercenaries to man all of these weapons.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: a1-equipment</div><div class="ubbcode-body">16 scar 17 is that saying he has 16 scar rifles? </div></div>

It's saying he traded s16 for s17

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ammo...he should buy lots and lots of ammo. </div></div>

Good idea, I think he only have little ammo.

Sounds like a guy I know. You walk into his house and every wall in every room is covered in firearms of every kind imaginable. He's a 'collector'. He's also single.

L

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: simo-waldron</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ammo...he should buy lots and lots of ammo. </div></div>

Good idea, I think he only have little ammo. </div></div>

And magazines!! Your average semi-auto isn't worth a damn and quickly becomes little more than a glorified single-shot without a healthy supply of mags to feed it!!
wink.gif

Aside from that...knowing what all is in his "collection" might help this hypothetical along a bit better.

Off hand, everyone should have (in addition to the AR in small and large frame which you seemed to suggest he had covered):

1) a semi-auto .22LR (like a 10/22 for example...and the aforementioned mags to accompany it);

2) an M1A and/or an M1 Garand of some flavor/variety;

3) an AK of some flavor/variety.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

1) a semi-auto .22LR (like a 10/22 for example...and the aforementioned mags to accompany it);

2) an M1A and/or an M1 Garand of some flavor/variety;

3) an AK of some flavor/variety. </div></div>

4) all the above

One of my best friends asked me "what should he buy next ?"

He does not want to buy any bolt actions until the political climate changes.
He doesn't think 5.56 is the best caliber for semi-auto, despite the fact that he has SCAR 16S in 5.56.That is why most of his rifle collection .308 or 6.8
He does not want to buy any title 2 firearms (Class 3)

What would you recommend ?

well i guess he'll never going to get a bolt action :). Really think the climate will change?

If you have to have a friend ask an internet forum what gun you should buy next you should probably just save your money.

In all seriousness a Sig PE57!

I'll 2nd that. My favorite semi military rifle of all time although it rarely comes out of the safe these days. I should have scoped it back i the 80's when the Swiss scopes and mounts were available.