• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Girlfriend just out shot me with my own gun!!

Re: My Girlfriend just out shot me with my own gun!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Allindan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5th shot 'flyer' syndrome is a lot like pre-mature ejaculation. Try not to get so excited about what you are doing and you will have a much stronger finish.

Having said that though, how hot does your barrel get and how fast do you shoot your groups? You say your girlfriend was taking some time between shots right? Might be worth taking some extra time yourself?

Congrats on the blonde hottie </div></div>

I dont go to quick. Probably took me 5 minutes to shoot all 5 rounds, about a minute in between shots. She was taking a good 3 or 4 minutes between shots. So yeah, maybe I just need to chill out for a while after each shot and let the barrel cool a little bit more than I am.

It always feels bad to be outdone. But damn, man. Not only does your woman ENJOY shooting, she's good at it. Very rare. Only one girl that I know enjoys shooting, and she's my sister. Haha. Great shooting, both of you.

My wife AND my mother-in-law both outshot me with the .22's this last time around. Not only outshot me on score, but also with smaller groups than me. It was difficult to deal with being at my house for a few days. So I can fully relate.

On the other hand, be very happy that she is a shooter. It will be of benefit to you later on to be able to shoot without catching a ton of crap and spending the money on your hobby!!

DK

One more thing... I bet she has pretty eyes to look at too. I recommend you put some protection on them so you can look into them for some time to come!!

DK

I can sympathize with the bags, still have not figured out how to use a bipod. If I don't have a rest, my range bag does fine.

I think your girlfriend did something very correct, she did what she had to to make the rifle comfortable for her,

As far as the groups go, looks to me like both of them are around 0.75 except you got a flyer.

Up until recently My shooting buddy and myself were getting between .75 and 1.25 10-shot groups, he was upset because he spend a fair bit of change for a Remington "mil-spec" with a VX-3 and could not find a load that would settle down. finally after 6 months we were able to get together and I got to shoot it. 20 mph gusting to 35, 0-factor wind from 12, I was not doing any better than him and found myself trying like crazy to hold the crosshairs steady while I squeezed the trigger. (windy day remember) finally I said what the heck, quit trying to hold steady and just lined them up and pulled the trigger, groups shrank. Told my bud, don't try to hold it steady, just line it up and shoot, quit thinking about it. His last group of the day went home with him and he measured it @ 0.32, made his entire week, finally he got a group like he was hoping to get when he bought the rig.

So the rig was good, the ammo was good, just had to get teh shooter to relax and just let fly.

"The only thing worse than being out shot by your girlfriend, is for your wife to find out!"

Congratulations! By her showing you up on a dare, instead of being intimidated by someone's impetuous groups, she might just get hooked on shooting. It's great to share in a common interest.

Way to go!

TG

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: z71rat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">One more thing... I bet she has pretty eyes to look at too. I recommend you put some protection on them so you can look into them for some time to come!!

DK </div></div>

Yes, thats one thing I have never had or used and probably should. Shooting glasses. I am still in my 20's and already feeling the side effects of shooting 12 gauges all growing up with no hearing protection. When I watch TV that puppys volume is cranked!