• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

my hearts broken tonight

eddieo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2005
The Old Sod
My mother had been receiving chemo and radiation for cervical cancer for the last year. Tonight she called us all together and told us that she has been told the cancer is back and she is terminal.. 6-8 months the doctors told her...she is 69

I havent stopped crying for the last few hours... my heart is broken.... My brother has been on from the states all night as she called him seperately.... he is in a dreadful state... Amazingly she told us all that she will be with my dad shortly and to not be sad.. my heart is broken tonight ... I dont know what to do or say... My poor brother wants to come back this week.... My mother barked an order at me tonight

" Sgt, stand to attention "...

She gave me a kiss on the cheek and told me to be strong.... My heart is broken...

Re: my hearts broken tonight

eddieo,
We will keep you and your family in our thoughts.
Be strong for her.

My Mom passed from cancer also its been a few years she was 47.
I heard a lot of "i know how you feel" but they don't no words can explain the hurt keep your chin up be strong,she won't hurt anymore, I wont lie its tough.

Best wishes
Darrell

If i can be of any help just shout

Your mother and family is in our prayers. Be as strong as her for her.

Sometimes words aren't enough.

My thoughts go out to you and your family.

Mine and Slickrick's mom is a cancer survivor.

Prayers sent, brother.

david

My father's enduring cancer right now as well. The fact is that we must focus on celebrating life more than mourning eventual loss. Hang in there, and make the best of the time you have left. Best wishes.

Best wishes to you and family. Been through something like this and the best thing you can do for her is be strong and let her know she did an awesome job as a mother.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. My Father died from liver cancer a little while back, we only had 7 weeks from when he was diagnosed until he passed. Just spend as much time as you can with her, remember all the things she taught you,and the good times you have had together.

God Bless:
Mike

Sorry to hear. I cannot bear to think of the day when my parents pass. Be strong and be with her to teh end.

< hangs head in greef>

My thoughts and prayers are with you. My mom is in the slow process of dying from Parkinson's. She was not expected to make it through the weekend, but has kinda rallied. We don't know if it will be a few days or a few weeks. Even though this has been a long time coming, we all treat each day as our last with her. I know how hard this is for you, but the only advise I would give is to live each day one at a time. That sounds very basic, but it helps to keep the focus on the now and not the next.

Very sorry to hear that. It is of little consolation but at least you get the chance to tell her how much you love her and spend some time together. Stay strong.

Eddieo,

As has been said by so many others, I can't imagine. So I ain't gonna pretend to.

But you KNOW my thoughts and prayers are with you and yours. You have my number.

Don't forget.

Sorry to hear that Eddie. Take time off and spend all the time you can with your mom. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Nothing I can say other then I concur with what has already been said. Prayers for your family from ours.

I can't say I know how you feel because everybody is different. I've been through this with my Grandmother and my Dad. If you are as close to your Mom as I was my Grandmother & my Dad, I have an idea. I won't tell you everything will be OK because I don't know if it will. I do know it will get better. Remember, she will be better off than all of us. Tell her you love her and enjoy every minute you have with her. Stay strong for the rest of your family. I'll say a prayer for you and your family.

I was just thinking about you last night eddieo. Hadn't seen much from you around here. You have my prayers and the prayers of my family. I won't lie, it's gonna be hard as hell, but you know that.

May God grant your family strength through this difficult time. I hope you will find comfort in remembering the good times you spent together.

When it comes to times like this, we are all brothers.

I can still remember the hospital room where, 15 years ago, my mum was laying when she gave us the same news. You're going to go through a world of emotions. I'm sorry to say you're going to have to be ferociously mentally tough. But you're going to have to be emotionally gentle. Not easy.

Take care amigo.

You are and your family are in our prayers. I know how you feel. Its worse than being kicked in the gut. She needs your strength, so she right, be strong. Its really hard, but that what she needs right now. You'll figure out what you need to do it.

Lots of hugs,
Susan

I am very sorry, Eddieo. I lost my Father in 1977 while I was stationed in Korea with the Army. He died suddenly of a massive heart attack. I felt guilty for not being there.

In October, 2000, I lost my Mother who had survived 10 years of multiple health problems. I was by her side when she passed and closed her eyes.

There is no easy way to let them go. Both losses hurt deeply. But, as others have said, be strong for your Mother. She needs that now.

Prayers for you and your family.

sorry to hear that, you need to be strong not just for yourself but mainly for your mother. Live life to the fullest and next time you see her give her a hug and kiss form me and let her know, you both have our support. Prey that everything goes well and god bless

Words can't express it, man. Take care of her as I know you will, be strong, and celebrate her life. It took one hell of a woman to raise you. Hold her close while you have her and look back with good memories when she's dancing with your pa again.

Man, those are strengthening words coming from a strong woman. Stay strong for her, as well. My words cannot express my feelings to you.

I lost my dad to lung cancer (55). We were told now or 6 weeks by the doctor. He only lasted 3 weeks never had the time to do any of the things I wanted to do with him cuase it all happened so fast. So don't waste any time you may have to do the things with your mom. Stay strong and know her and your dad will be together soon in a better place. Tell her you love her every chance you get.

My Prayers are To your faimly my Friend.

BTDT, and strange as it is, as we are grown men, Momma can still stand strong while we weep.

God Bless. Sorry to hear of your sad news. Stay strong for her and the rest of your family. I'm sure your brother needs you now.

Sorry to here will be in my prayers as well

edited to say could not get that smiley off my post sorry

and be strong

Left prints on the sand grains
Wind has erased once used to be a trail
Illness strays our life imprints
“Lord”- we are on weakness stand - enlighten us with hints
Inspire our soul towards the trail of healing
There comes a finding
We urge to be awaken from the frightening trance
Truth is- the spinning fate changes our journey in a glance
It's beyond the terrain chase searching for trace
The will glints from within
Faith, support-the need to believe-in
The fight shall never end

By Nasra Al Adawi.

Misneach....

Tom

eddieo
My sorrow and prayers are with you. I have experienced this with parents and wifes parents and nothing can be expressed to help your hurting heart.
Be strong and spend as much time with her as you can.
Bill

Prayers sent. I just went through the same thing. They will be better off than us. Keep strong for the family but don't overlook yourself. I did and the mourning process since my dad's passing has been all the more difficult. God bless you and your family.

Jason

While this is a difficult time, try to enjoy the time remaining with her.

Take care and we will keep your mom, you and your family in our thoughts.

Peter