• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes My Hensoldt 4-16x56 FFP Review

Re: My Hensoldt 4-16x56 FFP Review

Subtensions on the NH1

Reticle_Concept_4_Subtensions2.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Subtensions on the NH1

Reticle_Concept_4_Subtensions2.jpg

</div></div>

When will a scope be available at retail with this new reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 300WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">sweet jesus! do they send hookers and blow with it too?!? </div></div>

$4000 with a sunshade! Holy crap!

I guess I am the only one that loves this reticle!
I think it is the answer for FFP reticle growing to block out the point of impact.
I missed whether this is FFP or SFP, not that I can afford it but I do want it.

When this reticle gets put into production at a more reasonable price I definitely would get one. I like this reticle a lot.

Plain old mil dot will work for me...I cant wait to get my hands on this thing!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PGS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Plain old mil dot will work for me...I cant wait to get my hands on this thing!! </div></div>

+1
grin.gif

Just ordered mine with a NH1... Too bad it will not be in for TBRC.

4-16X56 FF showed up...I cant put it down. Cant wait for the rifle to show up now.

I like the clicks..very positive and consistent. This thing is built like a tank!

They are addictive.
wink.gif

Expect a very informative post from me soon on the Hensoldt and the Near Alpha Mount....it's a match made in heaven.

2r5ev40.jpg

Jason are you not missing zero stops. After looking through and operating the turrents I think it's the only thing missing on such a prestigious optic.

With the new reticle that feature would put it over the top!! Of course I think they are over the top already! lol

I have just found myself really using that feature a lot especially during matches. When the pressure is on or low light I think it's almost a must for me. Notice I said almost!!!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dagsta</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jason are you not missing zero stops. </div></div>

Setting the scope up with the correct base is important, I don't want to give too much away since I'll be doing a full writeup on it soon. Teaser...think what the 20moa Alpha mount on the 20moa Surgeon rail might accomplish....

Hmmmm good point. Interested to hear more about that!!!!

Everything I've had from Near has been excellent.

Am looking forward to your report on the Alpha mount.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are addictive.
wink.gif

Expect a very informative post from me soon on the Hensoldt and the Near Alpha Mount....it's a match made in heaven.

2r5ev40.jpg
</div></div>

Dang Jason!!! Now I know why you were selling all that stuff earlier.You couldn't live without the best of the best could you??? I don't think you could be accused of having bad taste in equipment
grin.gif

One of my friends just got a Hensoldt 4-16 and 6-24x72 in.I can't wait to try em!

Steve

Jason you can thank me later for turning you onto the Near mount
wink.gif

I can't wait to shoot that new .260

Any news on the Near+Hensoldt review yet? Eagerly awaiting this!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 264Charlie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just ordered mine with a NH1... Too bad it will not be in for TBRC. </div></div>

We are getting close to getting these scopes. We still have a few available if anyone else is interested.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dr. Bill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Why is my wallet suddenly lighter?
smile.gif
</div></div>

laugh.gif
A light wallet but a Hensoldt in your hand will put a spring in your step for sure.

I wish I had one with the new reticle! I would built or buy a new rifle just to mount that puppy!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA has 7 Hensoldts with the new reticle... so yes </div></div>

You sure, I knew they got some CCW knobs, but thought they were still waiting on the NH1 reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SWFA has 7 Hensoldts with the new reticle... so yes </div></div>

You sure, I knew they got some CCW knobs, but thought they were still waiting on the NH1 reticle. </div></div>

In stock but ony 4 left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: guardog36</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just bought the CCW with the mid dot. Yeah i'm feeling lighter in the seat lol. But strangely happy.
</div></div>

gap260pics002.jpg

$$ in the bank is overrated.......grin!

Getting in the game in the end of the forth quarter is never a good thing,

however, does any one have a pic/indication on what parts are ilum and not on the NH1 reticle,

I fell the need for this scope as bad as a junkie for dope.

/Chris

The illumination pic came out a little blurred but you get the idea. Also took a pic outside on 16X. The Days Inn sign is 1138 yards away.

illum.jpg

NH1.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They are addictive.
wink.gif

2r5ev40.jpg
</div></div>

I can chime in on the Near Alphamount with the Hensoldt. I have a 6-24x56 in an Alphamount, and it fits absolutely perfectly. The turret base nearly touches the mount making a perfect fit. There is no guesswork in leveling the scope. Frank's feeler gauge method for mounting scopes is made obsolete with this duo, as the mount does the work for you. The mount holds the scope so snug that the rifle can literally be picked up and carried by the scope with 100% confidence that there will be zero movement.

IMG_0002.jpg

IMG_0001.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CSTactical</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just got a 4-16x with the NH1. I will be mounting it up tonight and will start the T&E this week.

Mike @ CST</div></div>

I want some more through the scope pics, get on it Mikey!!

How's this for a request, I like shooting at one inch black squares that have a 1/2 inside white square (like the Bell and Carlson shooting aces cards have). Take a picture through the scope with the center point aiming at one of those on 16x at 100 yards
laugh.gif

Ask and you shall (kinda) receive - this is a 3-12X56 FFP. Took these yesterday in the late afternoon on a HOT day. The mirage was pretty intense and the wind was low. These pics are not perfect, I still get some aberration on the edges (all my fault, NOT the scope) but gives you an idea of just how clear and unobstructed a target is at 100, 600 and 1,000yds with a FFP and regular Mil-Dot even on very hot and bright day.

This is the range. The range goes to 600yds but the rock face (white patch in the hills almost dead center of the picture) is 1,000yds. Note the dust going straight up from a bullet impact. There was little to no wind.
DSC_0019.jpg

Target at 100yds at 8x. In the center of the target is a black diamond that you can see. This diamon has 1" sides. It's possible to quarter the diamond with the reticle at 12X - my picture taking skills don't quite show this. I tried to take some at 12x but I kept getting major issues with the field of view on the camera - again, my lack of skill not the fault of the scope. Usually I can use the 12x to see the bullet holes in the orange (it's not a shoot'n'see target).
DSC_0009.jpg

This red steel target is just over 600yds away. This is at 3x. The field of view, and the ability to see the target clearly is what I find impressive.
DSC_0013.jpg

This is the same target at 12x
DSC_0015.jpg

Here's the 1,000yd shot. The range only goes to 600 but I asked a guy there to range the rock face and he said it's 1,000. This is it at 12x
DSC_0021.jpg

The key learning from my perspective is what Nathan told me when I asked whether he recommended the 3-12 or 4-16 for a .308. I wanted something that was the smallest and lightest scope but one that would never have me compromise on clarity, field of view and eye relief. On maximum magnification, on a 3-12 I feel I can do all that my rifle and cartridge are designed for, the rest will be down to me.

I dig the 3-12X too, grabbed 2 myself, and would have had 3 but the NH-1 reticle only comes in the 4-16X.
wink.gif

The 3-12X is a sweet ass optical package. It's short, bright, clarity is through the roof... really a nice package. Eye relief from hell and a sight picture to die for.