• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Holy Grail: USMC 1903A1 Unertl Sniper

PLEASE post the picture if you find it.

1610623433851.png

Gentleman on CMP Forums had a great price selling that stuff at sub $200 shipped per case.

I bought what I could afford and tried to introduce members here to the deal.

Guy is all out as of over 6 months ago.

Recently had peeps asking me if it was "still available".

Sorry deals like that are fleeting but when it was going and unappreciated it went on for about 6 months.

Gentleman on CMP Forums had a great price selling that stuff at sub $200 shipped per case.

I bought what I could afford and tried to introduce members here to the deal.

Guy is all out as of over 6 months ago.

Recently had peeps asking me if it was "still available".

Sorry deals like that are fleeting but when it was going and unappreciated it went on for about 6 months.
Was it ever determined whether this is a "Garand-safe" load?

Was it ever determined whether this is a "Garand-safe" load?

It hasnt been.

FGMM tends to be mild in my experience though.

Granted recoil is second to rate of burn......when does the pressure pass the orifice.

There was a gentleman on the CMP forum that at one time was running lots of tests using pressure reading equipment on a Garand and he found few commercial loads that would damage the op rod.

Anyway an adjustable gas cylinder lock screw is pretty affordable if someone wanted to go that route.

Reactions: Calfed