• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing my hunting setup, your thoughts if you don't mind

murtaughf3

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 4, 2012
Abilene Tx
this is going to be my hunting set up, from what i can tell it will all work together, your thoughts are appreciated, i already have the rifle and the surefire flashlight

rifle: savage model 11 .243
scope: vortex diamondback 3-8x40 with bdc reticle, here
rings: burris xtreme tatical low 1", here
base: egw 1 piece picatinny style, here

added for night time hog hunting
daniel defence 1 o'clock picatinny rail, here
surefire picatinny rail mount for surefire flashlight,http://swfa.com/Surefire-Universal-Clam-Mount-1-Ring-P45180.aspx

even thought of getting one of these and mounting it in the same place as the surefire

subzero

designator

i apologize for the double post (was suggest i post here instead of scopes section, tried to delete from original spot but i couldn't)

Re: my hunting setup, your thoughts if you don't mind

i really cant account for anything other than the scope itself, and I dont know if the rings/base will work with it...

with that...a friend of myne just bought that same scope to put on his .06 for a hunting setup. He was destroying jack rabbits on the move with it out at 200yds. The scope is clear, its nice. I personally would not hold back from buying that scope.

thanks for the info, i've had a hard time finding bad info about this scope. yeah i could go alot nice and more expensive, but i'm trying to build this rifle to best suit my needs

I have killed many deer with a Savage 11 .243. It threw Cheap 100grn federal ammo from walmart into 3/4 inch at 100 yds.

Best rifle for the money IMO

I dont see anything wrong with it. You wont have the most nock down with the 243, but ive seen and killed alot with smaller. As long as your comfortable with it then go with it.

lose the surefire and the laser and get a 100 or 250 ewt kill light works great for the more and comes with a simple mount that works great.