• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes My insight on the new eotech vudus

Moss Dynamics

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Apr 23, 2019
Ivins, UT
I have recieved several PM'S asking about my impressions of the eotech vudus, both the 5-25 and 3.5-18 models since I have a couple for sale and thought I would post something here that may be helpful to some of you thinking about choosing vudu or trying one out, since there is limited information about them out there and eotech frankly sucks at advertising/marketing.

I have/have owned several vortex gen ii razors, 3-18 and 4.5-27, trijicon accupowers, leupolds, eotech vudus and a razor amg 6-24x50 so that has been my personal owning experience with other higher end optics. I have also had some experience with various night force optics but have never personally owned one.

I am certainly not an optics expert but will give my personal experience and perspective .The eotech vudus image has very clear edge to edge clarity that I feel is on par with both the gen ii and amg razor, and better than the trijicon. To my eye the eotech vudu has more accurate image color than my gen ii razors but similar to the amg. The gen ii has a slightly warm tint to the image compared to what I see with my naked eye. The turrets have very positive clicks with no play between clicks. They are audible and tactile. Both have a better feel than the trijicon to me, although the new 1-8 accupower I have does have nice turrets as well compared to the higher magnification ones. The gen ii and AMG both have stiffer knobs and take more effort to turn in comparison to the vudu, especially the gen ii. The locking turret cap on the vudu is much easier to move up and down versus the razor, which is quite stiff in my opinion. The parallax knob is very smooth on both, although stiffer on the razors. The magnification ring is better on the vudu in my opinion. Both are smooth, but I feel the ring on the razor is excessively tight and almost requires a throw lever for quick changes in the examples I've had. The built in tab on the magnification ring is also nice on the vudu and I do like the threaded integrated throw lever that is included if wanted. Although I haven't seen that as neccessary. The vudu is obviously very very compact and much lighter compared to the razor gen ii, and much shorter than the amg. The illumination adjustments on the vudu via the press buttons is actually very nice and easy to use. I was sceptical of that design at first but actually enjoy the speed and ease of them versus the turn dial on the razors. Fit and finish is high quality on both. Both feel like a quality piece of glass when you feel and handle them. The weight is the big difference in feel between them. Illumination gets a nod to the razors in brightness, Razors are brighter. However I do like the dots only being illuminated on the md3 reticle versus the entire reticle on the gen ii 3-18 and 4.5-27 and the illumination is plenty sufficient on the vudu. Both razors and the vudu have some illumination bleeding on higher settings. both are great scopes and both are superior to the accupowers. In my opinion by a large degree. I own both and like both. Moving these ones to go with a horus as I've grown accustomed to the Christmas tree reticles and am going to stick with them. However the md3 is a great reticle choice if you dont want the full busyness of the Christmas tree, but still want your wind holds while dialing for elevation and a cleaner reticle. This would also be a fantastic reticle on a hunting rifle The vudus are great in my opinion for whatever its worth and are a straight up steal at these current prices. Hope that this is helpful to someone. And some obligatory random optics pics so this thread isn't useless!! Shoot straight.

Attachments

• 20190525_123330.jpg
    20190525_123330.jpg
    488.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 20190412_115421.jpg
    20190412_115421.jpg
    480 KB · Views: 167
  • 20190412_115243.jpg
    20190412_115243.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 179
  • 20180712_212730.jpg
    20180712_212730.jpg
    721.6 KB · Views: 189
Last edited:
Thanks for taking the time to write this up. You have covered most of what I was curious about concerning the Vudu vs Gen 2 Razor. Funny that you post this today as I just ordered the 5-25 MD3 yesterday and have been wondering how it stacks up. Based on the limited reviews, it sure looks to be a solid configuration at its current price point and slightly above. The only other optic at this price point that I’m strongly leaning toward is the Delta Stryker HD 4.5-30x56. I’m having a real tough time not submitting an order for the Stryker so I fear it’s a battle I will lose rapidly.

Reactions: Tweedycarcass23jonb
I am just a newbie and have no real rep around here, but for whatever it is worth I did a fair amount of research and hand holding and finally pulled the trigger on the Vudu 5-25x50 FFP MD3 and could not be happier. I really like the clean reticle design, the illumination is perfect IMHO and that floating center dot was just what I was looking for... helping me get a pin point while also getting out of the way when I need it to. That may sound like a bit of a paradox but it just works for me. Again, keep in mind I have very little if any experience with any other competing scope models.

The overall feel and compact form factor was a big winner for me as I wanted something nice and compact to go on a Q Fix that will eventually be sporting a 16 inch barrel. Looks great, feels great, and works great. Zero stop setup is nice as well. EOTech really delivered at this price point IMHO.

Here is a nice overview of the Vudu lineup and feature set: Vudu Overview

Last edited:
Reactions: Tweedycarcass23jonb
My experiences echo that of the OP.

For me, it started off when I walked into a local store to pick up a Vortex Razor Gen II-E 1-6x. Before I told the sales guy I'd take the Vortex, I saw the Vudu 1-6x sitting there and asked to take a look. I told him I'd take it before I pulled the scope away from my eye.

Now I've picked up the 5-25x and liked it so much that I turned around and ordered a 3.5-18x. These are replacing a Mark 6 3-18x44 and a NXS 5.5-22x56. The Mark 6 will stay here and go on a gas gun, but the NXS was already sold and awaiting a replacement.

For the price these scopes can be had on sales or on the secondary market, I honestly don't think there's a better value out there.

Construction seems to be at least on par with every high-end scope I've ever had (granted, my nicest scope is just an ATACR 7-35x), if not a touch better. All adjustments are made easily and everything works as it should, anodizing is super durable thus far and the glass, at least to me, seems to be as good as it gets without spending $2,500-3k or so.

ETA - For me to say anything nice about a scope brand other than NF, Leupold or Vortex is unusual....those three brands topped all of the 20+ rifles in my gun room up until that first EOTech came into my life. ?

All of the OP’s observations are spot on. The Vudu MD3 is my go to scope at the moment. I’ve had a total of 3 and currently have 2. They are an excellent scope. Well beyond their price point.