• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My kingdom for a chisel-point Sharpie marker

Good deal. Those pressures in your LV sound wild, glad ya didnt blow something out!
The pacemaker can go other places bit that is the best olace in the L upper chest. Easiest accessto the subclavian for threading leads into your heart. Also forms a shallow pocket under the skin pretty quickly so device is closert to surface for battery changes in a few years.
That was what was taught to me when I was a new cardiac nurse 11 yrs ago by one of the best around the Denver area

Good deal. Those pressures in your LV sound wild, glad ya didnt blow something out!
The pacemaker can go other places bit that is the best olace in the L upper chest. Easiest accessto the subclavian for threading leads into your heart. Also forms a shallow pocket under the skin pretty quickly so device is closert to surface for battery changes in a few years.
That was what was taught to me when I was a new cardiac nurse 11 yrs ago by one of the best around the Denver area

I'm still trying to get over what's happened — the incident, being on the receiving end of ALS transport, not once, but twice, and everything else that has happened over the past ten days. I'd also like to apologize for the huge images that I posted in the thread. It wasn't like I could edit them on a cell phone.

They let me out late enough that, by the time we got dinner squared up down there, let everyone know that I was out (there ain't no short conversations when you have to tell the same simple thing over and over), drove home, dealt with an insanely affectionate 140 lb. dog, shopped to deal with everything that we didn't have that either had been consumed/went bad just before or after my departure, or we were going to need for "convalescence," and then realizing that we needed to acquire a better quality-ish upper arm sphygmomanometer than what we had, it was after 1 AM. So we drive to the only decent 24-hour pharmacy in this part of the far 'burbs, 20 minutes away, get home, set it up, run a BP, and then take meds dependent on the systolic BP read.

I looked up the MSRP of the defibrillator last night on the 'net and found it on a state .pdf of contracted prices for durable medical items. I shouldn't have. You can buy a serviceable, if nondescript house in a small town for that much money. I sure hope I can manage to make such an investment in me worthwhile by living well and helping others, not to mention making the work of everyone who contributed to this worthwhile, especially the electrophysiological surgeon, the cardiologists, the nursing staff, and everybody else in between. I could have done without the barrage of insane informational requests from residents, interns, and medical students, especially the ones who dared to barge in before I had even had a chance to wake up and enjoy my "morning glory."

Oh, and the rep from St. Jude Medical who was in the OR during the implantation? Spinner!

Have a good weekend. I'm gonna go and try not to feel too much like a fragile tea cup as I start trying to live again.

My grandmothers husband had a pacemaker and defibrillator installed. His defibrillator hit him like 8 times one night(if I remember the number correctly), he remembered the 1st one(threw him to the ground) and the second(he passed out). When he came to and called 911 and finally got to the hospital they said it hit him 8 times total. He said he hoped it never activated again. It hit him 4 more times that night in the hospital. He lived another few months, but they wouldnt do surgery to correct his condition(dont remember what it was) because they said it would kill him.

He said he never felt the pacemaker much, but the defibrillator was a bastard. But it saved his life, at least for a little while.

St Jude and a couple of the big joint replacement companies must only hire hot ladies. Seen a couple dudes bit mostly very good looking ladies.
Good healing to ya

I like the picture of you giving us the finger. lol
Glad you're out. Wishing you a speedy recovery buddy.

Nah, that was just for my special buddy Shanky. My thanks to you and everyone for the kind thoughts and words. Day three ...

24fl3zn.gif