• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My latest build...

StrategicEdge

Private
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2008
Middle Tennessee
100_2805.jpg

100_2802.jpg

Specs:

Surgeon Action
Surgeon Bottom Metal
Broughton 5c Barrel, 8 twist, recessed 11 degree crown, 26.75"
6mm S (my design)with .272 neck, Pacific Tool finish & resize reamers
B&C A5 Lightened
Harris bipod with pod claws
Nightforce Rings
Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 with flashkill and the butlers.
Horus Angle Indicator
USO level
CG Extreme Mod 22 Trigger
Anschutz Shoe

Most importantly, Curt Briggs (Briggs Custom) one of the best Smiths and best friends I have known. He spent hours pouring over the details.

Re: My latest build...

Is that a heat-shield on top of the barrel? If yes, which model is it and how's attached?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jfd0913</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i am new to all of this what is the purpose of the band? sweet gun though </div></div>

Reduces mirage from barrel heat messing with your sight picture.

Are you going to tell us a bit more about the specs? Nice looking stick though. How do you like the stock?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DesertHK</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you going to tell us a bit more about the specs? Nice looking stick though. How do you like the stock? </div></div>

Specs were added under the pics. Sorry I didn't post the first time.

I love the A5's. I wasn't on a budget so needless to say I picked what I liked best. I also bought two different actions and two BM's just to be able to pick. I started with two barrels and have a third (fluted) on the way. Other than the fluting, I have no regrets.

What bullet is it throated for? Also, that is some serious magnification on the scope there.

Nice build. I'm looking at the same stock for my SPS varmint. Any problems with the bipod spigot on the forearm rail? Looking forward to the range report.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ARCOREY</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice build. I'm looking at the same stock for my SPS varmint. Any problems with the bipod spigot on the forearm rail? Looking forward to the range report. </div></div>

No problems yet. I bought a couple of different adaptors for the anschtuz rail and picked the one that seemed the most "beefy". Once I tighten it down with an allen wrench it seems rock solid...time will tell.