• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My latest financial Venture

Queequeg

Door Man
Minuteman
May 16, 2008
Florida, Hillsborough county
I just received fantastic news!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Hello

How are you? . Am from a Hong Kong, am a Chinese , I have a Mutual
business proposal am proposing to you, that I will want you to handle
from your country, I will like to seek your consent first.

I have a serious business project proposal for you to manage and
handle for me in your country. This project involves a huge specific
amount I can't mention here for security reasons. please let me know
if you can have this handled, so that I send you an attached
comprehensive details of this transaction. you should send me response
to my email: [email protected]

Lan Lee Cheng </div></div>

I responded already with the following,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lan Lee Cheng,

I will put you in contact with our Shanghai representitives, Blow Me Now and Fuk Yoo Too.

You may proceed immediately.

Sincerely,

Queequeg

</div></div>

Re: My latest financial Venture

"If you ever teach a yodeling class, probably the hardest thing is to keep the students from just trying to yodel right off. You see, we build to that. "- Jack Handy

Actually, as funny as your response is, you did exactly what they want, verified that your email address is real, and now you will receive more spam. It's a 2 part scam for them, if the sucker believes the story, he gets scammed, and if someone replies, they get their name added to a spam list that someone will purchase.

Hey man, can I get in on this deal?

I was going to try to contact Mr. Cheng directly and outbid you. I Googled him, but apparently there are several Lan Cheng's in China.

I can put in very much money. I can't say how much for security reason.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TalkingBush</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually, as funny as your response is, you did exactly what they want, verified that your email address is real, and now you will receive more spam. It's a 2 part scam for them, if the sucker believes the story, he gets scammed, and if someone replies, they get their name added to a spam list that someone will purchase. </div></div>

Probably correct but that means my only option is to just take it. Where is the fun in that?

I'll withstand the spamage...must tell douchebags to phuuk off...

There is a whole web site and forum of people that try to make fun of those scammers/spammers, baiting them with some fake interest in their proposals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: queequeg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I'll withstand the spamage...must tell douchebags to phuuk off... </div></div>

The part that sucks is that for every one person that does what you did, 1000 people fell for it...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HotIce</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There is a whole web site and forum of people that try to make fun of those scammers/spammers, baiting them with some fake interest in their proposals.
</div></div>It's actually pretty funny, it's here.