• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MY LIFE IS COMPLETE

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    I can retire and die in Peace

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 6.02.59 PM.png

The mystery is whats BaklavaSchmarnn.....sounds like something that excretes from an uncircumcised penis but who would would be "Hopefully with" that stuff?

schmarrn means trash or rubbish...

So this escapes me when putting it at the end of baklava

Although I looked up the Greek dude and he is an alien type guy so I get it now...LMAO

Although I looked up the Greek dude and he is an alien type guy so I get it now...LMAO
    So Greek-German version of an egg roll? They are basically filled with floor sweepings.

It's also a dessert thats also eaten as just regular food.

Basically a pancake with whatever on it; sometimes rolled up like a jelly roll or has hot cut up fruit and sweet sauce ontop. My mom would make them and simply put sugar on the pancake, roll it up, and you eat it after dipping it in a jam.

The two words put together to me, is hes hoping for some weird pancake pastry thing. Which now that I said that, sounds kind of good.

Not sure what the english word for it would be because its a food, so, there may not be one.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: Nik H and lash
    It's also a desert thats also eaten as just regular food.

Basically a pancake with whatever on it; sometimes rolled up like a jelly roll or has hot cut up fruit and sweet sauce ontop. My mom would make them and simply put sugar on the pancake, roll it up, and you eat it after dipping it in a jam.

The two words put together to me, is hes hoping for some weird pancake pastry thing. Which now that I said that, sounds kind of good.

Not sure what the english word for it would be because its a food, so, there may not be one.
    Is the pancake version a German thing? Baklava is usually phyllo dough, paper thin layers.

Is the pancake version a German thing? Baklava is usually phyllo dough, paper thin layers.

Yes. German/Austrian.

Thats why I'm trying to figure out WTF it is that hes combining the two. It's literally a pastry pancake from what the tweet says, unless he means he wants a schmarrn (pancake made a certain way) with the contents of a Baklava minus the dough on it, which can then make sense as you can pretty much put anything on/in the pancake to make a schmarrn.

Reactions: long range sponge
    Ah, so it's confusing in two languages then, LoL.

@lowlight

Ask alien guy if hes literally wrapping his baklava in a damn pancake or if hes just using the filler? If hes wrapping it, thats the first time I've ever heard of that, which for alien guy, well, ok. If not and hes just using the filler, alert him to the fact that its just a schmarrn.

Also ask if he wants to go find aliens at night with nightvision.

Last edited:
    @lowlight

Ask alien guy if hes literally wrapping his baklava in a damn pancake or if hes just using the filler?

Also ask if he wants to go find aliens at night with nightvision.
    I could try the pancake wrapping up a piece of baklava. Like an egg roll so to speak.

Are the pancakes made differently or are they like normal pancakes?

I could try the pancake wrapping up a piece of baklava. Like an egg roll so to speak.

Are the pancakes made differently or are they like normal pancakes?

Normally made, just much thicker. I can't remember what my mom and Oma would make them with but they were much much thicker/fluffier/dense yet moist than your regular pancake. It's almost leaning towards an egg custard.

Normally made, just much thicker. I can't remember what my mom and Oma would make them with but they were much much thicker/fluffier/dense yet moist than your regular pancake. It's almost leaning towards an egg custard.
    That sounds perfect with a piece of baklava

I've been making what we call german pancakes for years. Usually put a bunch of butter in the pan and swirl the batter in. Served primarily with lemon and powdered sugar.

I can't remember the batter recipe off my head, but it's like regular pancake batter with extra eggs.

Hang on, I think I figured it out.

So a schmarrn can also be cut up pieces of the pancake which are then dipped in whatever. Think chicken tenders versus chicken breast.

Is he just tearing up the Baklava then and eating it as pieces? Thats not Baklavaschmarrn, thats just torn up Baklava.

I've seen things labeled as schmarrn made both ways; torn and dipped, or a single pancake that is covered in or rolled up with something. It's one of those 'where are you and who made it' things where it can be totally different the next town over. Hell, my favorite German food doesn't even exist according to half of Germany.

For example, the most popular one is probably the Kaiserschmarrn, If you google it, you will see some recipes from Germany and Austria where it is cut up and dipped (chicken tenders) as well as made whole with either the filler inside of it, or dumped on top.

1615434711418.png

1615434751774.png

But whatever a Baklavaschmarrn is, doesn't make sense.

Oh and if you order a Kaiserschmarrn and the cut up pieces show up as perfect squares, you're in a tourist trap and are being served frozen food.

Last edited:
    The mystery is whats BaklavaSchmarnn.....sounds like something that excretes from an uncircumcised penis but who would would be "Hopefully with" that stuff?
    I thought they just called that feta

It's also a dessert thats also eaten as just regular food.

That sounds pretty damned good actually.

I'm sure if he mentioned it, it's of alien origin. 👽

A one piece Kaiserschmarrn is not a thing here in Austria. It is always served torn up.

Which is helpfull, if you ever fuck up the pancakes => voila you just made Kaiserschmarrn.

No idea what Baklavaschmarrn is though.

Reactions: Nik H
    Hang on, I think I figured it out.

So a schmarrn can also be cut up pieces of the pancake which are then dipped in whatever. Think chicken tenders versus chicken breast.

Is he just tearing up the Baklava then and eating it as pieces? Thats not Baklavaschmarrn, thats just torn up Baklava.

I've seen things labeled as schmarrn made both ways; torn and dipped, or a single pancake that is covered in or rolled up with something. It's one of those 'where are you and who made it' things where it can be totally different the next town over. Hell, my favorite German food doesn't even exist according to half of Germany.

For example, the most popular one is probably the Kaiserschmarrn, If you google it, you will see some recipes from Germany and Austria where it is cut up and dipped (chicken tenders) as well as made whole with either the filler inside of it, or dumped on top.

View attachment 7578693

View attachment 7578694

But whatever a Baklavaschmarrn is, doesn't make sense.

Oh and if you order a Kaiserschmarrn and the cut up pieces show up as perfect squares, you're in a tourist trap and are being served frozen food.
    Tearing up baklava is difficult
    1. The filling is a mix of nuts, spices and honey...very stiff and sticky
    2. There are multiple layers of phyllo dough each with a nut and honey mixture and it don't tear well
    3. there is a honey topping all over it.
    I think he is cutting the baklava in pieces and the pancake into pieces and forks one piece of each at a time into his mouth

At least that is what I would try

Reactions: Threadcutter308
    Phyllo batter and pancake batter are completely different. You can’t mix them together like that

Frank, he probably doesn’t realize you are the “world’s most successful Bigfoot hunter” or you would already be best buds.
    Doc