• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My M1A

Re: My M1A

well; with me on the trigger, using FGMM 168; can generally get sub-moa, got 1/2 moa a couple times.

need a good shooter on it to see what it can really do and maybe some hand loads as well

Thats great for an M1A. A friend of mine had a hard time getting under 2moa with his. Congrats. I bet you have reached the limits of the platform.

That is a sweet setup! I've handled the JAE stocks and thought they were on the heavy side...Do you know how much your complete setup weights?

Thanks in advance!

I almost proposed to tg. Have a rule tho, can't propose unless I know if they are married or not.

I only propose to married women, there's laws that prevent them from accepting . . . .

I bet y'all can almost see the quandary I'm in . . . .

wrote this back in April for another site TG posted the rifle on:

I had the opportunity to shoot this a little over a week ago. TexGal338 was kind enough to let me burn through 3 boxes of 168gr FGMM with it throughout the day. Aside from owning some serious high dollar and quality equipment, TG is just a super nice lady.

As far as the stock- it is indeed comfortable. I had never shot an m14 or any of it's variants before so after a brief learning curve with figuring out how to load the magazine ( those are stubborn little bastards lol), I commenced to firing. Got it zeroed for me at 100, posted some pretty alright groups considering it's an M1A. Average were around 1MOA with a few of them right next to each other. TG in the mean time was figuring out loads in her Savage .30-06 with the old school unertl. That rig is neat, for those that haven't seen it. We moved the targets to 200 but by that time, mirage was kicking it in high gear. I still was managing 1-1.5 MOA groups at 200 which was neat. I'd always heard bad stories about m14 and m1a accuracy so I was prepared for battle rifle style grouping i.e. not gonna win any prizes but dead is dead. I'd never used an MOA/MOA scope set up before so that was interesting as well as far as adjusting. Decided to go for the 600ish gong to get on for distance and TG nailed the adjustments. A few minor tweaks and I was banging the smaller steel at 600 after getting on target with the big gong.

Overall, the rifle is a beautiful rig. TG has taken great pains to make sure it is as accurate as it can be, platform withstanding. The ST-10 is a dream. So many are familiar with USO's products that theres no point in going into that. The stock feels nice. I am a smaller guy (5'5") so a lot of times LOP is an issue or the rifle feels just too big. This was not the case with the JAE. The only downside I found was the weight. It it not something I would prefer to carry on a long patrol in iraq but i can see where the benefits in a place like A-stan would override the weight- especially if you were high up in the mountains and wearing a plate carrier and other equipment to minimize weight while maintaining efficiency in protection. I'm a fan of less kit, more ammo, sensible weapon for the job.

Insofar as a DM role, I dont know that the scope would be beneficial. I can see it's use as sort of a Spotter's weapon in situations where an m4 or m16 wouldn't make sense. I can also see the use of this as an asset in situations where one might think the AR platform would face issues. As far as actual SDM/DM roles- I prefer a lower power optic for scanning and target acquisition due to the traditional role of the DM. The m14 and variants as I understand them run like a dream in adverse conditions. For a purely DM role with this, I would prefer an ACOG with a .308 calibrated BDC reticule and possibly a skeleton stock to cut weight. Not sure if the skeleton stocks on the market would allow the same degree of accuracy as the JAE as I have no experience with the platform and it's accessories. TG did mention that the Scope mount is one of the better ones that addresses issues with other aftermarket scope mounts for the platform.

Pros: Accurate as all get out for not being a bolt gun, reliable, didn't notice any stringing or rounds walking with rapid fire.
cons: heavy, quick mag changes might be an issue but can be rectified with training I'm sure.

A big thank you to TexGal338 for the use of her lovely rifle and ammo, as well as the great company to boot.