• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My (MagPul) Flat Dark Earth LWRCi REPR just in...

Adician

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 11, 2009
Jacksonville, North Carolina
<span style="font-weight: bold">I figured some of you guys might like to see my new REPR.</span>

Overview:
I wanted a .308, I wanted a piston. I also wanted something different than your everyday black AR platform. LWRCi just happened to have everything I could want in a package. I however wanted something different than what they had available commercially, so I called and asked to have one assembled to my specifications. LWRCi were absolutely top notch in this department and went far above what I would expect even a great company to do as far as customer service. I'll be an LWRC customer for life.

I talked with Rich Phoenix at LWRC, and he was great. I asked him countless questions and called him a lot to figure out what I wanted in a rifle. Rich explained that the guys from NIC industries were at the factory right then to figure out the new Flat Dark Earth color they were making to match magpuls exactly. I figured why not, and jumped on it. I didn't want a heavy 20" barrel though, so I asked if I could get an 18" with a few adjustments. Here's a list of the rifle parts I got.

Rifle:
18" Medium Contour barrel
Geissle Hi speed adjustable 2 stage
Magpul PRS FDE and the grip in FDE (They normally ship it black)
I also jumped on some ironsites at the last second, but these come standard anyways. I requested that my rails be left black as opposed to being FDE, and they complied with this too.

Now onto a short first impression of the rifle. I got the call from my gun range buddies that my LWRC package had arrived, so like any normal person would do I loaded up all the ammo my range bag could carry and headed out the next day after work. I opened the box and I was pretty surprised, I was expecting top notch for what I paid for it, but definitely not <span style="font-weight: bold">this</span> top notch. This thing is extremely light. It weighs 9.5lbs, which is great for a semi 308. Every tolerance on this rifle was absolutely rigid, as expected, but the overall appearance of it ended up pretty damn good. I was excited to shoot it, so out it went.

Here's a photo as from the shop, box it was shipped in and all.

219.jpg

I originally planned on putting Magpul FDE BUIS sights on the rifle, but strayed away towards LWRCs as they are much more accurate with the rear aperture being smaller than Magpuls. I function checked it, made sure there was no packing grease, put a dab of oil in it, and went to work.

After around twenty rounds, I put the rails on to see what they'd look like. Pretty damn awesome if I do say so myself.

220.jpg

I zeroed everything in, no problems, rifle ran like a champ as expected. I'm extremely pleased with the weapon. Unfortunately, it was 99 degrees here and I didn't remember to take a picture of the target before I left, but I didn't have a scope so it wasn't a huge deal. The reason I chose the MagPul PRS over the MagPul UBR is because the PRS at shortest length fits into the pocket of my shoulder perfectly, the length of pull is perfect, and the stock is only .2 pounds heavier than the UBR, so I figured if something works why change it. Also, I plan on running different optics on this gun and wanted adjustable cheek weld.

Here's a few pictures of the left side of the gun.

227.jpg

228.jpg

Optics and Accessories:

I planned on putting a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP Mil/Mil on this gun because it seemed like a good deal for the money and it was slated to be out in June 2010. It seemed like perfect timing. Well, we all know how that went but I have faith in Vortex so I'm keeping my order and will wait it out like most others. They're a great company and have handled it to the best of their ability, which is more than most companies can say.

I have a Larue/Harris 6-9 QD-S Notched leg bipod as well as some MagPul Pmags and a Larue OSR 20moa mount currently with Todd Jackson (30calSniper here on the 'Hide) being Cerakoted in MagPul Flat Dark Earth which will be here soon. I'll update with pictures when it is of course. I'll also have a real range report whenever I get my Vortex PST scope in.

A few more pictures of my and my new rifle.

I was saying something about it, I can't for the life of me remember what.

EDIT: I was talking about how light the trigger was, hence the finger on the trigger.
229.jpg

Bracing and aiming.

231.jpg

Any questions, comments, etc are all welcomed.

Hope you enjoyed this.

Re: My (MagPul) Flat Dark Earth LWRCi REPR just in...

Ah good old Flatwoods - I've since given up NC for NM. I'm very pleased with my 16" REPR since the magazine fix. Glad LWRC went with the new FDE to resolve the color issue.

Drop me a line if you're ever in NM and want to try your REPR out at a grand!

Great review. How did it shoot?

You really have a sweet looking rig there. If you don't mind, about how much was your setup, and how long did you have to wait?

Flat Dark Earth. My favorite.

Congratulations, the FDE looks great. How long did you wait for the order? I bought a 6.8 PSD last December in MRE, which is now FDE - and still waiting....

Nice looking rifle.Looks good just like that with buis,no optics.

very nice bud. Glad you got what you wanted (it's worth the wait)

Beautiful rifle.

Stupid question, what is a Larue OSR 20moa mount? I tried Larues site and google and couldn't find it.

I'm looking for a scope mount that adds 20moa slope (or is it cant?) to get a little extra distance with the new IOR scopes.

D'Oh!!!!!!!! Excellent!

Sounds like u went straight to LWRC for this one? Curious too on the wait time for FDE, with or without customizing?

My only concern is LWRC might not stoop so low as to put a bullet button on one for me, since I am in the People's Republic...

Very cool setup. Im really digging the FDE.

I, too, have been waiting for the PST and IMHO, you should buy the SS 3-9x for the time being. Im in love with mine.

Heck, I may just keep the SS 3-9 and not get the PST 4-16 (unless they turn out to be mega bad ass and perfect).

I just bought an LMT 308 so Im suggesting it because we have similar setups.

Keep us posted on accuracy and all that good stuff.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ZLBubba</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great review. How did it shoot?

You really have a sweet looking rig there. If you don't mind, about how much was your setup, and how long did you have to wait? </div></div>

Ran me 3800 as is from the factory after taxes and shipping. Well worth my money. I'd prefer not to comment on the wait.

Edit: Shot amazingly well for ironsites. It definitely isn't hard with the trigger and the barrel being as great as they are.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aubie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beautiful rifle.

Stupid question, what is a Larue OSR 20moa mount? I tried Larues site and google and couldn't find it.

I'm looking for a scope mount that adds 20moa slope (or is it cant?) to get a little extra distance with the new IOR scopes. </div></div>

Larue OBR/OSR 20moa QD mount, it's the 111 but with 20moa. Just call to order.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SendItDDS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">D'Oh!!!!!!!! Excellent!

Sounds like u went straight to LWRC for this one? Curious too on the wait time for FDE, with or without customizing?

My only concern is LWRC might not stoop so low as to put a bullet button on one for me, since I am in the People's Republic...
</div></div>

I had to go to the company to have them build it to my specifications, again I'd prefer not to comment on the wait.

The guys at LWRC are great and will probably help you any way they can.

Hmmm, methinks you had a pretty long wait! Nonetheless, the demand on the production for the piston 308s has been heavy so a long wait is understandable. The only thing that matters is that you're happy with your purchase.

I think your rifle rocks! I can't recall ever seeing a FDE PRS stock before, but looks awesome. Welcome to the REPR club! JPG

Watch that trigger finger!

Great looking rifle you have there... Always great to get exactly what you want from the factory!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big_Red</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Watch that trigger finger!

Great looking rifle you have there... Always great to get exactly what you want from the factory! </div></div>

Thanks for reminding me finally!

I was talking about how crisp and light the trigger was. I was expecting amazing, but not the quality it turned out to be. I'll edit my original post with that information.

On the LWRC forum they have stocking dealers with "California approved" rifles in stock. Nice rifle. I like the color combo you chose. I want one a little more each time I see one...

BigBoss, I'll check out that forum
smile.gif

sgcusa.com always has a couple in stock in black and are CA friendly.

I went and held a 16" yesterday at Turner's (so cal chain). Suprised they actually had one up on the wall. Big mistake. Now I must have! With a few more inches of course...

I don't know how you look from the front but from the side you could seriously be my twin...even my parents agree..it's super creepy. Weren't born in MI were you?

Nice rifle! Wonder if they will take and order for a heavy barrel 18"

Well, the accessories came in from Todd (30calsniper)today so I figured I'd show you guys how good of a job he did color matching them.

I got the Bipod, A couple P-Mags(because they only do 308 mags in black), and the Larue LT-112 mount done.

Now all I have to do is wait for Vortex to send out their scope and it will be on it's way to Todd too, because I'm very impressed with the job. I may pick up a Vortex strikefire to try out on it in the mean time, but first is a pelican and a sling.

Thanks for looking.

(Yeah yeah yeah, I know. Pictures in a house. I'll get to the range for real pictures soon.
grin.gif
)

023.jpg

022.jpg

And of course one to give you an idea of the colormatch of the bipod to the actual gun.

017.jpg

That's beautiful! I'm at about the same stage with my Mk12 mod0 build. Just waiting for my scope. I know how you must feel. I can't wait to see how accurate my rifle is. considering pulling a scope off one of my other rifles while I wait. Looking forward to see how yours finally turns out and how it shoots with the scope.

That's a great looking rifle - thank you for the post and pictures.

Nice looking rifle. Quick question, does the charging handle reciprocate when you shoot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: srv656s</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rifle. Quick question, does the charging handle reciprocate when you shoot? </div></div>

Nope, sure doesn't. Pretty good that it doesn't too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Adician</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Larue OBR/OSR 20moa QD mount, it's the 111 but with 20moa. Just call to order.

</div></div>

I didn't know they make the LT-111 with a 20moa cant- I thought all they made was the 0 cant version specifically for the OBR. Good to know though!

Just ordered mine! Will see how I like it with the standard black PRS and grip. I'm leaning towards changing at least the stock to FDE. Now to choose some glass...

Info for anyone else in CA or other repressive states, CAlegalmags.com has 10-round blocked PMag 20LR's for only 20 bucks right now. Black only of course
smirk.gif

Dude,
You have me thinking of getting mine done, yours keeps haunting me! Looks killer, JPG