• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My Manners T4 was looking a little plain just OD

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
So I broke out my airbrush and Duracoat!

What do you think?

DSCN0048.jpg

DSCN0053.jpg

Re: My Manners T4 was looking a little plain just OD

4 different colors, shading from light to dark with these plastic stencils in random areas.
9f576ef8.jpg

Where did you get the stencils or did you make them, and what were the 4 colors to be exact.

Very nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you get the stencils or did you make them, and what were the 4 colors to be exact.

Very nice. </div></div>

Stencils I got here. I used the "mini" size http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/kspham6.aspx

Colors were:

Multi Light Green #112
Multi Medium Green #117
Multi Dark Green #114
Matte Black #4

I also use Duracoat's Flattening Agent at 10% of mixture. Don't know if it changes the colors any, but it sure knocks down on the sheen and glare.

That's a nice looking rifle. The skulls give it a mean bitchin look. What do you have wrapped around the scope? Does it serve a purpose?

That looks amazing! If I ever do this, I'm def. going to practice on something not so valuable though!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bribri</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where did you get the stencils or did you make them, and what were the 4 colors to be exact.

Very nice. </div></div>

Stencils I got here. I used the "mini" size http://www.tcpglobal.com/kustomshop/kspham6.aspx

Colors were:

Multi Light Green #112
Multi Medium Green #117
Multi Dark Green #114
Matte Black #4

I also use Duracoat's Flattening Agent at 10% of mixture. Don't know if it changes the colors any, but it sure knocks down on the sheen and glare. </div></div>

TAG

Looks damn good. I just painted my T5 with a Flectarn like pattern.

I can dig it. Did you use any of the original OD underneath or completely spray over it??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shooterman017</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I can dig it. Did you use any of the original OD underneath or completely spray over it?? </div></div>

I'm sure there are a few spots that are still factory OD. I just scuffed up the factory finish and wiped it clean and went to spraying. Duracoat's Multi Dark Green is dang close to Manners factory OD color though.

Pretty cool pattern you got there.

What's all that rope wrapped around your scope for?

I have seen some guys wrap some cord around their scopes but not to the extent that you have.

It's 550 cord. No real reason to have it on there but it's come in handy fixing deer blinds and whatnot.

damn, that is awesome, I have got to learn how to do it, I have 3 Manners T4 and they became dull all of a sudden
Well done.

Very nice work.