• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My MK13 Mod 5 Build

I think some day, when I'm ready to make the jump I want to build a 338, but I have always been partial to the Mcmillan 338 Chris Kyle references in his book. I have the MIRS rail hanging out in the safe for just the project. I may give stiller a shot one of these days. I hear great things about their actions.
I had a MK13 mod7-ish clone built by Chad at LRI and it was a freaking hammer. Built on a Stiller Tac 300 action. Was very happy with it.

8490DA7D-879F-428C-BFDC-0C9FF8A05DC1.jpeg

Were the mod 7s only ever built on stiller actions? I've had an unfired, stamped G6 LA receiver laying around for 10+ years. Been thinking of starting a mod 5, but like the looks of the mod 7 better.

To add, the stiller MK13 action has different scope base mounting hole locations to include pins that are much different than a R700. The AI MK13mod7 chassis was designed for the stiller and the scope base will not fit a R700 (mounting locations different). It's the same reason why you see so many go thru the effort of trying to get a MARS rail to fit a stiller.

Reactions: ilikebmxbikes
To add, the stiller MK13 action has different scope base mounting hole locations to include pins that are much different than a R700. The AI MK13mod7 chassis was designed for the stiller and the scope base will not fit a R700 (mounting locations different). It's the same reason why you see so many go thru the effort of trying to get a MARS rail to fit a stiller.

I know this is old but it deserves repeating. This is exactly right. When I built my Mod7~ish I used a green AICS AX because I have too many tan rifles and that decision added 14 months to the build. The damn mod7 20 MOA scope base that matches the contiguous rail is available from AI outside the mod7 stock kit but it’s special order. If I was doing this over I would have just bought the mod7 stock and rattle canned it. Would have added $200 all in but saved a lot of time.

I commend the people at AI USA and Mike High for making this happen but it’s not worth the wait if the mod7 stock is available.

Last edited:
I'm also working on a mod 5, does anyone have pictures of ATACRs on mod 5s in the wild? Supposedly some Navy guns had them on later Stiller actions?

I'm also working on a mod 5, does anyone have pictures of ATACRs on mod 5s in the wild? Supposedly some Navy guns had them on later Stiller actions?
Mil-Spec ATACR - also know as the 'Beast Light' due to having beast turrets. Sitting in a NF Mag Mount

x6u87nfqhax31.jpg

Commercial ATACR at a sniper competition.

tltOzms.jpg

Hello, I had a question regarding the Mk13 Mod 5 builds you guys are doing. I am collecting the parts now to build one of my own, but the main question I have is; Who are you guys sending your Lilja barrels out to for the chamber work, fitting to receiver, and the notches cut for the Mk11 suppressor?

I want to make sure I do everything right so I don't ruin this awesome build.

Chris Higgins with Red Bull Armory is widely regarded as the leader for Mk13 Mod 5 work. He knocked mine and a laundry list of other guys out without having the mk11 can on hand. You'll need some patience when you send it to him as he is a one man operation.

1645039698795.png

I love the build!

Google isn't any help in finding Red Bull Armory, I've heard the name mentioned on the Long Range subreddit. Is there a way to contact him?

Do I only have to send the barrel and receiver/action in to him or does he require the chassis as well.

Appreciate the info.
Chris Higgins with Red Bull Armory is widely regarded as the leader for Mk13 Mod 5 work. He knocked mine and a laundry list of other guys out without having the mk11 can on hand. You'll need some patience when you send it to him as he is a one man operation.

View attachment 7809020
Love the setup!

I love the build!

Google isn't any help in finding Red Bull Armory, I've heard the name mentioned on the Long Range subreddit. Is there a way to contact him?

Do I only have to send the barrel and receiver/action in to him or does he require the chassis as well.

Appreciate the info.

Love the setup!
ideally you send the entire gun so he can test fire it.

I just received my MK13 from Long Rifles, Inc. Very happy with how it turned out. Just need to get a scope and the elusive MK11 suppressor. Anyone happen to know of one available? I snoozed on it when they were relatively easy to find…

Attachments

• 255F484A-BC4D-4DED-9A99-C84762EEE9DE.jpeg
    255F484A-BC4D-4DED-9A99-C84762EEE9DE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
  • 6F2E9955-2B1D-440D-B980-23D8C428E59E.jpeg
    6F2E9955-2B1D-440D-B980-23D8C428E59E.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 266
I got into the MK13 game way too late. I just got my 700 action and everything is ready to go to Chris, but all I need is the damn MK11. I must have subscribed to every in-stock notification!

I got into the MK13 game way too late. I just got my 700 action and everything is ready to go to Chris, but all I need is the damn MK11. I must have subscribed to every in-stock notification!
I got a question, and Knights still hasn't answered me back.

Is there a difference between the Mk11 Suppressor and the M110 and SR25 suppressors?

I ask because I saw an SR25 suppressor on GunBroker the other day.

I got a question, and Knights still hasn't answered me back.

Is there a difference between the Mk11 Suppressor and the M110 and SR25 suppressors?

I ask because I saw an SR25 suppressor on GunBroker the other day.
main difference is the m110 suppressor is considerably longer to account for the extra barrel length of the flash hider.

I thought they were the same, and that's what made it easy was just swapping suppressors if the mission dictated

I thought they were the same, and that's what made it easy was just swapping suppressors if the mission dictated
They are not interchangeable between mk11 mod 0 (and emr/lwmr sr25s) and m110 and its commercial cousins.

The m110 can docks with the flashhider while the mk11 mod 0 can mates directly to the end of the mod 0’s barrel.

Reactions: Runnineh