• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

my new 25-06

magman687

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2010
ohio
well after along time of work its done
i know this might not be as fancy of a rifle as the hide is used to but im proud of it
laugh.gif

lets start with spec

im sure u know the stock lol

super sniper 16x
hart 1.25 straight 1-10 twist 28" barrel 11 degree crown
whole action trued
action is a 1968 winchester model 70LA
weaver 20 moa base
Weaver Tactical 6 Hole Pictainny 30mm Rings
match chamber
weight is 19lb
cajar trigger set at 12oz
sorry for cell phone pics lol
nvwml0.jpg

24ezvnr.jpg

m7rxo4.jpg

scrga9.jpg

3312ixx.jpg

range report in a week but the rounds i did shoot did well
laugh.gif

ok here it is
laugh.gif

all 125yd shots
.013 4 shot and u see the 5th shot was a lil off
htdw7m.jpg

.082 4 shot with 5th shot to the left
28c3uhe.jpg

i know its a 3 shot but thats all i loaded to test this round out lol
zbf3t.jpg

.739 6 shot
23tk3gn.jpg

.647 6 shot
2mmxx5d.jpg

Re: my new 25-06

thanks all
laugh.gif
im going to be working on a temp mag box as it dont have one right now so i got to load 1 at a time but hopeing this summer to get the dmb from cdi for it.

I think it looks sweet. It should shoot sweet.
Thats a great caliber.
....SmokeRolls

well magman your rifle is nice but i like my 308 in the top pics and i do look forward to shooting your gun lets hope it keeps up:)

lmao good to see u finally made an account you troll :p

where do u think im going to do this range report at........your house of course
laugh.gif
prolly come over this sunday.

dont make me club you in the head and take that shiny gun i still have some room in my safe and if i dident i would have to do a little cleaning

got a mag box ordered 10 bucks lol was alot cheaper then i thought it would be
laugh.gif

LOL Jesus that's one heavy bitch you have there. I built one very similar for my first custom and it came in around the 18 pound mark. Shot like a champ though and have very little recoil for being a 7mm.

Nice stick

updat pics
laugh.gif
better lighting but still not the best lol

2u89sn5.jpg

5pirn7.jpg

144625i.jpg

yes lots of snow here in marietta ohio about 5-6 inches lol

well just got back from shooting late lastnight and im happy
laugh.gif

its a .25 inch gun at 125yd me and bk got one 3 shot group of .016 and a 4 shot of .013

maybe it was just luck but it likes berger 115g vld's

did 145 rounds lastnight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: furtaker_.223</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the rifle dont look that happy. I think it called my rifles and asked if it could move in.... LOL

Looks like a great shooter.</div></div>

That's why my phone bill went up.......omg I hope it didn't text to. Oh boy that will cost me.

Lol thanks guys I'm working around 100g SMK's with 45 grains of 4350
And 115g vld Berger with 45 and 50 gr of 4350

Isn't anything that is akley improved just a case that holds more powder? If so I don't need it I'm pushing Max charge and got alot more room left.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: magman687</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Isn't anything that is akley improved just a case that holds more powder? If so I don't need it I'm pushing Max charge and got alot more room left. </div></div>
there is more science to an Ackley Improved cartrige other than capacity, it is burn rate and effiecy by blowing the case taper out.... amongst other things that I don't know about

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">115 Berger VLDs at 3375fps with no pressure signs</div></div>
none but i forgot to say i HNB coated them as well.

oh and btw how did u get a fps ?
im no good at math so if its some complicated formula i wont understand lol or r u useing software to figure it out?

also how accurate is that number 3375fps?

Very accurate. Actually it was 3376 avg with a deviation of about 7. That was chrono'd speeds. It's a lazer to 600 and not a slouch to 1k

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very accurate. Actually it was 3376 avg with a deviation of about 7. That was chrono'd speeds. It's a lazer to 600 and not a slouch to 1k</div></div>

thats very nice to know but how did u get that number?
and hnb would slow it down a lil i think by about 50fps

did u make the load i used then shoot it from a 28 inch barrel?
sorry for asking so much just a lil confused on how u got how many fps my gun is shooting with that load lol.

and how fast would it be useing 45 be of imr4350?