• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new 300m range

buffalowinter

Freer of the Oppressed
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Mar 17, 2014
    Llano, TX
    Here is my new 300m range. I am shooting one of the newest "vintage" sniper rifles. A Steyr SSG 69...now discontinued. 7.62x51 caliber with a Zeiss Conquest scope. I really like the Zeiss reticle. This gun was sighted in at 100yds several weeks ago, and what you are seeing is a cold-bore shot at 300m on an 18" plate with about a 10mph crosswind. Listen for the hit. 300m is at the arrow. [IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/www.facebook.com\/rsrc.php\/v3\/y4\/r\/-PAXP-deijE.gif"}[/IMG2]

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"http:\/\/i.imgur.com\/UVKhYDum.jpg"}[/IMG2]

Last edited:
    Your wife lets you shoot out of the house!? Lucky man. You need to post a sign on the lane warning your daughter's suiters that they are in range. It's only fair.

Awesome post Buffalo. I considered myself quite lucky that I even got a "gun room" when the kids had all left the house:). But this is excellent beyond what most of us wish we could have.

There is what appears to be a double barreled shotgun hanging over the window. Could you indulge us with some info on it? I have a Remington model 1882 that my great grandfather bought in 1885. He ordered it direct to Elk River, MN so he could hint geese with more authority. Pretty cool the stories would be if a lot of these old guns could talk.

That's actually a NY National Guard Remington Rolling Block, .50-70 caliber, made in 1872. Here is a stock photo. These guns had an extra long hammer spur and a modification that dropped them to half cock when the block was lowered to load.
    ​​​​​​
    images

Nice Carl! Not to mention the range opens too late in the year and closes too soon! Say howdy to bill and Lanny for me.​​​​​​

Nice shooting, Buff!

I think I've now been inspired to have an upper level gun room with central window for the next house ;) that's an awesome set up
    to say the least! Don't even have to drive to the range

The front porch got to be too much hassle, opening and closing doors and all that...