• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

My new .308 AR GAP rifle

firedog90

Private
Minuteman
Aug 18, 2008
Helena, Montana
Just picked this up from GAP today. I've been waiting patiently since around the end of Feb. It is on a DPMS upper and lower. Now I am waiting on my Nightforce F1 to show up. Hopefully it gets here this week. It was supposed to have shipped out last week.

IMG_4426.jpg

IMG_4427.jpg

IMG_4428.jpg

IMG_4429.jpg

IMG_4430.jpg

Re: My new .308 AR GAP rifle

Fuck you!!!

Obviously, my anger has jealousy at it's root.

Nice gun man- I bet you are going to love it! Congrats!

Very nice looking stick. I hope to get one soon, just have to move an M1a first. Its a GAP so I'm sure it will be a shooter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dtac</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fuck you!!!

Obviously, my anger has jealousy at it's root.

Nice gun man- I bet you are going to love it! Congrats! </div></div>

Haha I thought the same thing every time I would see someone post pics of their new rifles from GAP. I was excited to finally get to pick it up. I can' wait to take it out. I also dropped off my 18" Templar .308 to get the barrel threaded.

Awesome rifle, I have a feeling my next one will be something like that.

What are the specs?

i bet you cant hit anything without the scope.

great looking stick, belongs in the sand

DPMS upper and lower
18" Bartlein 5R 1:11 twist
Magpul PRS and Daniel Defense free floating handguard
Rock River 2 stage trigger
AAC flash hider for SCAR-H SD

Nice rifle! I have been thinking of getting one of those. I will look forward to your range report. Took 12 months. How do you guys deal with those wait times? Do you get all itchy and get a twitch?

Nice rifle, I just received mine very similar to that a few weeks ago, Armalite upper and lower, 20" Bartlein barrel with AAC 7.62 SD suppressor. I would post pics if I was not such the technotard. My gun is a great shooter by the way you will be very happy with yours. Congrats

That is nearly exactly what I would like to order. I read somewhere on here that they are starting to accept orders again for their gas guns. I am not sure if that is the case but I sent them an email a couple of days ago. How much did you have to put down for them to start the build?

It looks great.........can I ask with DPMS upper and lower besides the barrel upgrade what custom work did GAP do for you. YOu are a patient man..........I would have to 2nd the nervous twitching and calling GAP every week saying things like "if I paid more could I get it sooner?"

Derek

Looks familiar!
smile.gif

Congratulations, you are going to LOVE it!

They work, and well...

CroppedPigshot-1.jpg

2-22-09-5014.jpg

When you see a pig that size you are glad you have a .308

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cookie the Swede</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle! I have been thinking of getting one of those. I will look forward to your range report. Took 12 months. How do you guys deal with those wait times? Do you get all itchy and get a twitch?</div></div>
Yes I was all itchy and twitchy waiting for it to get finished. The only thing that helped was that I was in Iraq up until 6 weeks ago.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: barnes12</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, I just received mine very similar to that a few weeks ago, Armalite upper and lower, 20" Bartlein barrel with AAC 7.62 SD suppressor. I would post pics if I was not such the technotard. My gun is a great shooter by the way you will be very happy with yours. Congrats</div></div>
I can't wait to shoot it. I just sent my paperwork of to the ATF for my AAC cans. Hopefully it doesn't take 6 months to get the paperwork in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kevin7714</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rifle

OP, is that a Daniel Defense Rail and does it sit higher than the rail on the receiver or is it flush?

Kevin</div></div>
Yes it's a DD rail. It sits just a hair higher but from a few feet away it isn't too noticeable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Militant Taco</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i would really a like to see a range report on this i've been intersted in one aswell </div></div>
I'll post a range report once I get my Nightforce and get it zeroed in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wildbill66</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That is nearly exactly what I would like to order. I read somewhere on here that they are starting to accept orders again for their gas guns. I am not sure if that is the case but I sent them an email a couple of days ago. How much did you have to put down for them to start the build?</div></div>
I ended up just paying the total amount up front. I don't recall what they asked for up front. It might have been a couple hundred.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derek Myers</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It looks great.........can I ask with DPMS upper and lower besides the barrel upgrade what custom work did GAP do for you. YOu are a patient man..........I would have to 2nd the nervous twitching and calling GAP every week saying things like "if I paid more could I get it sooner?"

Derek</div></div>
I ordered the same build they have on their website. I called a couple dozen times over the whole year wait.

You made it a year of waiting with all the GAP DPMS SASS rifles that came on the Hide for sale - you are a patient man. I wish I could do that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you see a pig that size you are glad you have a .308 </div></div>

.308 has some authority...

He's gonna LOVE that GAP!

We are about to celebrate our one-year anniversary, next week! I ordered mine Oct 2008, for some reason. It got in just under the 'rush', and I had it Feb '09, in 4 months, just as promised, actually 3 days early... those were the salad days...
smile.gif

5-29-09-002023.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JSTARSZ</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You made it a year of waiting with all the GAP DPMS SASS rifles that came on the Hide for sale - you are a patient man. I wish I could do that. </div></div>
I know. It was hard. If I wouldn't have paid up front I may have broke down and bought one from here.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rat-30</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brasscow</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When you see a pig that size you are glad you have a .308 </div></div>

.308 has some authority...

He's gonna LOVE that GAP!

We are about to celebrate our one-year anniversary, next week! I ordered mine Oct 2008, for some reason. It got in just under the 'rush', and I had it Feb '09, in 4 months, just as promised, actually 3 days early... those were the salad days...
smile.gif

</div></div>
I'm excited. Just waiting on the scope. Should be here any day now. I wish mine would have taken 4 months but hey at least I finally have it.

Well my scope came in but the rings that come with Nightforce scopes are too low. I had to order some new rings. Now I have to wait for the ultra high Badger rings to come in.

Nice looking rifle. Im going to build a mini one on a DPMS lower in 5.56.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Alex Nenadic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's my DPMS 308 (not a GAP though):

1-2.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5-1.jpg

6-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg
</div></div>
It looks nice. How do the Pmags function with it?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: fastford</div><div class="ubbcode-body">range report?</div></div>
The Nightforce came in but the rings were too short. I had to order a set of Badger Ultra high rings. They should be here Monday.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rat-30</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Looks familiar!
smile.gif

Congratulations, you are going to LOVE it!

They work, and well...

CroppedPigshot-1.jpg
</div></div>

That is a damn big pig...and a very nice rifle to boot.

Congrats on your new GAP btw!

308 PMAGS work great in my POF308. Seem to feed smoother than metal mags.

DAMN Firedog90 that is exactly what I have been thinking of building and your pics just helped me make my mind up.