• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My New 700 setup

BS68280

Private
Minuteman
Jan 1, 2012
North Carolina
Finally got to take my new setup out to the 100yd range and I'm damn happy with the results. Right now the rifle is definitely more capable than I am but that will hopefully change with more practice. If I could have got that one other one in these groups they would have been great. Tips and advice welcome.

Remington 700p cut to 20"
Jewell trigger
Bushnell DMR in LT120
LaRue rail
AICS AX stock
Harris bipod
Fed gold Match 175gr
AAC 762SDN6

Nice rifle and good shooting. To tighten up group, try reloading your own loads with different powders,bullets, and try different bullet seating depths into lands of rifling.

Last edited:
Nice rifle and good shooting. To tighten up group, try reloading your own loads with different powders,bullets, and try different bullet seating depths into lands of rifling.

I hope to be able to do that in the future but no reloading right now. I think with some more trigger time, I should be able to get all 5 nice and tight, then really dial it in when I can start reloading.

One other thing you can do if not already been done is lap locking lugs on bolt and action and have action trued. If curious on my profile photos , i have two pictures of custom remington 700's that my father and i built. From threading barrel,chambering, truing action, bedding stock with pillars.

Last edited:
I have same stock for my 700 in 223, maybe a dumb question but.....what did you do with bolt release ? I am accessing release through trigger guard and manipulating it with long neck pliers.

I am able to just use my finger to release it? Do you have the stock Remington trigger on there? Mine is in the same spot as the regular trigger so I don't know why it would be different.

At this stage, I still have the Remington trigger, might be that my stubbie fingers cannot get get into release it. Just thought I had missed something, or needed to purchase another accessory. Plan is to next year have actioned trued and have side release added or replace with custom action, will have to weigh up $ X $. Thank you for replying, good luck with the stock.