• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos MY NEW BABY

762frmafr

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
JUST FINISHED THE BUILD-UP
BASE RIFLE IS A 24" BARREL DPMS LR-308
I ADDED:
MAGPUL PRS STOCK WITH MONOPOD
JARD 2 POUND TRIGGER
FALCON INDUSTRIES GRIP WITH PALM SHELF
LEUPOLD MARK 4 4.5-14X50 SCOPE WITH TMR RETICLE
LEUPOLD MARK 4 RINGS
VERSA-POD SKI FEET BIPOD
LONGEST SHOT SO FAR IS A 6" DISC AT 600 YARDS
I AM NEW TO THE HIDE BUT HAVE BEEN SHOOTING FOR A LONG TIME.

Re: MY NEW BABY

Nice work and good shooting too. Thats how mine started out til I started to modify it. Same scope and everything. They shoot very well for the money they cost and the velocity is very close to bolt guns. I use Federal's software and that has been working out for me rather well. I have only taken mine out to 565yrds myself.

I kept the rifle just like yours for about 6-8 months before adding a few unneeded but great accessories.

What kind of "unneeded but great accessories" are you talking about? It already shoots great and looks great. I like the simple but functional look. I'm not in to rails and lasers and lights and stuff like that. I built it for functionality and for now i need trigger time.

I think that you did a very good job with the build. Are you happy with the 2 pound adjustment for the trigger. What sling did you get?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: William Law</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think that you did a very good job with the build. Are you happy with the 2 pound adjustment for the trigger. What sling did get? </div></div>
I am very happy with the trigger. Jard is great, and i set all my rifles to 2lbs so i am used to that weight. i do not have a sling as of yet, and probably won't get one. they seem to get in the way plus they are a hard thing to purchase over the internet. What is good for someone could be crap fro someone else.

How is the relief on that scope? I'm looking for a one piece mount for my AR10 but don't know how far the forward offset needs to be to get proper eye relief, I have a PRS on mine too.
Mine doesn't have the hi rise mount on it so I have to use a one piece or some pretty tall rings.

Great set up youve got!try some Hornady 168 amax,i had great results with a DPMS rifle just like yours.congrats on keep it simple.

Thanks for the pics, I'm building this exact same rifle at the moment. Only difference is I'm using an NF 3.5-15X56 on a GG&G quick release mount as I'm using the scope on my DPMS SASS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tincan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's a great looking rifle. What kind of ammo are you using? </div></div>
175 gr sierra matchkings 40.2 grains 3031 and remington brass with cci large rifle primers. works pretty damn good. although i wouldn't recommend using them for hunting anything but people. recovered one from a rotten log at 700 yds. and it weighed 174.9 grains. the only deformation was rifling. go figure.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WASP7067</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is the relief on that scope? I'm looking for a one piece mount for my AR10 but don't know how far the forward offset needs to be to get proper eye relief, I have a PRS on mine too.
Mine doesn't have the hi rise mount on it so I have to use a one piece or some pretty tall rings. </div></div>
eye relief is good. only problem is i have the cheek piece low. i was having problems when i adjusted the cheek piece for a strong cheek weld....it ended up being too high for the scope. so i just adapted and overcame.