• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hunting & Fishing My new bobcat mount

TRAAV

Minuteman
Apr 15, 2010
Santa Claus IN
I thought I would share my new bobcat mount I just finished. I didn't do the taxidermy work on the actual cat only the wildlife habitat scene around it. This is about 10' off the ground and is approx 4'x8'

I have all my mounts in our hardware store and its starting to become quite the display of wildlife.

There are a dozen whitetails from 125-170" (10 are 150+), antelope, Red fox (full body with scene), elk, moose, bear (cape/head), coyote (full body with scene), and now a bobcat (oh there is a fish also but no one cares :))

This has been a learning experience for me as I wasn't really sure how I was going to accomplish the rock/mountain scene I wanted to do. I started out with chicken wire and paper mache but was having a hard time getting it to stick to the vertical and upside down surfaces. I started using spray adhesive for counter top laminate made by 3m and coated sheets of news paper and let it get tacky then stuck it to the chicken wire. Once I had a layer of paper down then I could do the paper mache and it would stick to the dry news paper. After that (where i had a mess but it worked) I tool a drywall texture hopper gun and loaded it with light weigh drywall mud mixed with paint (for a base coat color of tan/brown) and coated the news paper to give it a textured rock look. I applied watered down paint in a spray bottle and worked it in with a sponge to get varies shades and colors. Topped all that off with some fake plants and moss from Hobby Lobby and I had the look I was going after *(for the most part but I'm not telling anyone :))

8870A1E4-80EF-443D-96E3-F87DE1EAD528-2206-000001FE1B64EA79.jpg

99D33449-7F25-4C4E-82DD-A4A9208FF9AA-2206-000001FE09E63EEC.jpg

Re: My new bobcat mount

Thats a hell of a Hardware store. May have to come check it out even if I don't need anything. It would be a 2 hour drive but maybe one day if I'm in the area. We make it to Holiday World about every year.
Thanks for sharing.
Bryce

Lol. It's right across the steet from the main parking lot. You can't miss it. If your in Santa Claus you can pretty much see the whole town ;~}

Thats awesome. Id love to see some of the other mounts if you have time.