• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

DrewinTejas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2011
McKinney, Tx
2011-12-25131918.jpg

This is my first nice knife, going to test it out at the hunting lease this weekend.

Re: My new ESEE 4

That looks "sharp"
wink.gif

How are the grips on that? They almost look wood, but I'm guessing their some sort of composite? Cool beans thou, don't cut yourself
smile.gif
Although I think within 24 hours I always cut myself with a new knife. Good luck

Nice,you will be very happy with it.I have Few Esse's and their well made.That looks like the CP blade?I just ordered a 6 CP.their made here in USA and come with a liftime warranty.

Nice... you'll love this knife. The #4 is a good size. The #5 is a beast.
I believe the handles are made of canvas micarta
I bought 4 as christmas gift's. (2) #4's & (2) pink izulas for the girls.

You can go to (the-knife-connection. com) and get new skins that come in camo & several different colors.

Be carefull LOL. I got 6 stitches on christmas opening a truck up for my little boy christmas morning. My new knife was quite sharp I found out. That is a really nice one you got there!

I love my esee 4. It's a great knife for it's price.

I have been looking real hard at buying that same exact knife... You'll have to let me know how you like it after you go hunting.

Wow! The M4X Punisher looks SICK! I'm not even going to ask the price, my wallet can only afford CRKT and Buck lol. Beautiful collection. Are they safe queens or do you use some for hunting or work?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: camocorvette</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow! The M4X Punisher looks SICK! I'm not even going to ask the price, my wallet can only afford CRKT and Buck lol. Beautiful collection. Are they safe queens or do you use some for hunting or work? </div></div>
Those are safe queens,I have a Rat 5 thats my hunting knife.The punisher I actually got a good deal on it.
The Esse Junglas is also a beast.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is my first nice knife </div></div>

That is nice! You buy it locally or off a website?
I'm going to have to see how much some of the other knives by this mfg run.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Midwestside</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DrewinTejas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
This is my first nice knife </div></div>

That is nice! You buy it locally or off a website?
I'm going to have to see how much some of the other knives by this mfg run. </div></div>
Beware! once you start you cant stop!!!

My mom got it for me online. I'm not sure where, I just emailed her a list of stuff I wanted and told her an esee 4 and she picked a good one. I did not use it much this hunt, hogs have vanished but they will be back and i will be ready to cut them up.

I was wondering if anyone has experience using both the esee 3 and 4 and could comment on which you prefer for hunting, camping, general outdoor use. I was at the gpknives shop this weekend and just couldn't decide. Went home with nothing.

I only hav a 3 right now,but I'm workin on a 4.I can tell ya my opinion the 3 is small for a camping knife.I think the 4 would be minimum size blade for campin.I would look into either the 5 or 6.I hav both of those and the 5 is really thick you can do word splitting without any worries.the 6 is also a great bladebjust a little thinner.so I say buy both.

I have had an Izula, 3, 4, 5, 6 at some point. I settled on the Izula and 5" to cover my needs.

I have an esee 3 and think its a perfect size. I carry mine quite a bit and its not overly big for that.

Great for skinning game and very controllable.

I've been thinking about getting a 4 just because but I haven't found my 3 to be lacking.

If i need to split wood i use a hatchet.

I got an ESEE 4 for Christmas too. I really like the knife so far, but I'm not really sure on a carry option. I tried looping the paracord through the holes in the kydex to wear on my belt, but that makes the knife ride too high. How are you guys carrying it when you aren't wearing something MOLLE to clip it to?