• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new GAP-10

SWThomas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
Fort Lee, VA
Hey everyone! I'm new to the forum. I just wanted to post some pics of my new GAP-10 that's on its way to me as I post this. GA Precision finished it up last week and shipped it out Monday. I chose to go with the obvious cosmetic features, and also went with the Noveske Switch Block. I don't plan on immediately suppressing it, but it's nice to have the option just in case. Right now it has a thread protector on it, but I did order a Surefire Muzzle Break, which will be shipped to me when it comes in stock. I will be installing the break myself. It has an 18" barrel and a rifle length handguard. I'll be adding a scope and some other accessories later.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Re: My new GAP-10

If someone wants to help me out with posting pics, I've tried and can't get them to show up....

I would, but I'm not a member to that site, so I can't see the pics. Maybe upload on ImageShack.us?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SWThomas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If someone wants to help me out with posting pics, I've tried and can't get them to show up.... </div></div>

pm sent

great lookin rig........i ordered a pair at SHOT last week that are identical but black.....can't wait to get em

Did it come with a magazine from GAP? Just curious since I should be receiving my rifle end of Feb.

Thomas,

Thanks for posting!! I like the handguard length, a LOT!!!

I'm in final bidding with Dustin myself. I expect to place my downpayment tomorrow or Monday. You have me rethinking color scheme. I like the tan/black being broken up. I requested mil-spec OD on barrel/receivers/etc with OD furniture. Wonder if it'll be too much green? ehh, I like OD anyway. I kind of plan on getting it camo eventually, so I suppose the OD is a good base. sorry. . . I'm rambling!

Thomas, congrats!! Range report when you can!! I'm stoked for you!!

-G45

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter1000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it come with a magazine from GAP? Just curious since I should be receiving my rifle end of Feb. </div></div>

They come with one 20 Round PMag.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter1000</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Did it come with a magazine from GAP? Just curious since I should be receiving my rifle end of Feb.</div></div>

Yup, it came with the one in the picture.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: xonesandzerosx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hmmm, Dustin told me I couldnt get an 18" barrel with a full length handguard and Noveske switchblock? Who took your order? Bitchin setup!</div></div>

Talk to Mark Hall.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Glock45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thomas,

Thanks for posting!! I like the handguard length, a LOT!!!

I'm in final bidding with Dustin myself. I expect to place my downpayment tomorrow or Monday. You have me rethinking color scheme. I like the tan/black being broken up. I requested mil-spec OD on barrel/receivers/etc with OD furniture. Wonder if it'll be too much green? ehh, I like OD anyway. I kind of plan on getting it camo eventually, so I suppose the OD is a good base. sorry. . . I'm rambling!

Thomas, congrats!! Range report when you can!! I'm stoked for you!!

-G45</div></div>

Yeah I specifically wanted the least amount of barrel exposed as possible. It will extend a little bit more when I put the brake on. Right now it looks so slick with the thread protector because you can't tell it's even there unless you look really close.

Your choice of color scheme sounds pretty cool. I was going to go with FDE stock, grip, and handguards, but Mark talked me into the scheme you see. I'm glad he did.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Derrick300</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how long from start to finish?

Love the tan on black</div></div>

That's classified. :)

I bought one 2 months ago, great piece. I like the two tone. congratulations.

Congratulations and a Great looking rifle! I hope to get one within a couple years. For now I and wringing out my repr and enjoying it. Looking forward to your range reports! What are you putting on it for glass?

Looks good! Hope to get the call in the next week or so for mine.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WyGuy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks good! Hope to get the call in the next week or so for mine. </div></div>

When did you order yours?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: smokeroller</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Congratulations and a Great looking rifle! I hope to get one within a couple years. For now I and wringing out my repr and enjoying it. Looking forward to your range reports! What are you putting on it for glass?</div></div>

I don't know yet. I'm a Nikon fan so I'll probably end up putting one on.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Papagallos</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What caliber??????</div></div>

.308. I plan to do some hunting with it when I'm not punching paper.

You lucky bastard! I got impatient and bought a lightly used OBR, but my impatience cost me some coin.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Magnus357</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You lucky bastard! I got impatient and bought a lightly used OBR, but my impatience cost me some coin.</div></div>

I have yet to hear anything bad about the GAP-10, so it was easy for me to be patient.

That rig is titties!
smile.gif

Placing my order beginning of next month, so it should be a merry xmas for me! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rick R</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered mine today. 8-10 months out.

Yours looks awesome. </div></div>

Congrats! What's the deposit looking like these days...still 1K?
I need to get my ass in gear and get on the list ASAP!!!

Sorry, not trying to hijack

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: invincible03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Congrats! What's the deposit looking like these days...still 1K?
I need to get my ass in gear and get on the list ASAP!!!

Sorry, not trying to hijack </div></div>

$1500...I ordered one a few days after Christmas
grin.gif

Score!!! Thanks for the quick info, sir!
smile.gif

Everyone on these threads that already has one or has their order in are 1 billion times more awesome than I am...Whew, I have some catching up to do! LOL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: invincible03</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Score!!! Thanks for the quick info, sir!
smile.gif

Everyone on these threads that already has one or has their order in are 1 billion times more awesome than I am...Whew, I have some catching up to do! LOL </div></div>

Looks like they just bumped the price up a couple bills! Glad I got mine in on Monday
cool.gif

Prices were supposed to go up at the beginning of the year. we posted that up on the site and the FB page, but with all the Comotion and shot show we just waited til Jan 31st. Sorry guys had not had an increase in 3 years and all our suppliers (except manners) Have increased their pricing. These prices should be good for another 2-4 years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: A10XRIFLE</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Prices were supposed to go up at the beginning of the year. we posted that up on the site and the FB page, but with all the Comotion and shot show we just waited til Jan 31st. Sorry guys had not had an increase in 3 years and all our suppliers (except manners) Have increased their pricing. These prices should be good for another 2-4 years. </div></div>

It worked out well for me!
grin.gif

Figures...and I just did my taxes today, too!

Don't worry, GAP-10, you will STILL be mine one day!!!

@A10XRIFLE: I understand there is a business to run...Besides, what can you do when demand has gone bananas and supply is depleted? A company like GA, with an outstanding reputation and customer service, will have loyal customers who understand the reasoning behind a price increase...They know when that rifle finally gets in their hands, the price is instantly justified! Keep up the good work, gentlemen!
smile.gif

I hope with the price increase GA can crank up the production rates and still maintain their quality and precision.

I will be ordering next week.
wink.gif

Does anyone have a GAP-10 in a color other than FDE, Black, or OD? GAP says they have custom colors available and I'd like to see some other color options.

Thanks