• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

My new GAP 300WM

Rob01

Staff member
Minuteman
Jul 9, 2001
NC
Well after having to sell my old 300WM to build my 6.5 Creedmoor there has always been an empty spot in the safe for a magnum. Not anymore. Thanks to George and Moon at GAP my new 300WM showed up at the house yesterday and I got it this morning when I got home from work. Very nice work as usual. Now to load up some ammo and find time to hit the range. Also to hunt down a 10 round mag.

Specs:
Rem 700 LA
Bartlein 25" 10 twist #7 barrel threaded 5/8-24
Manners T3 stock
Badger DBM, bolt knob and 20 MOA rail
Nightforce 5.5-22x56 mil knobs zero stop and MLR reticle
Nightforce 1" height rings
SRT Shadow XL with TAB cover
Harris BRM-S with Pod Loc

Some quick pics
P1060489.jpg

P1060491.jpg

P1060492.jpg

Re: My new GAP 300WM

Rob,

Nice rifle, i was hoping the new Nightforce would be riding on that though

Thanks guys. I run the T3 on my 6.5 Creedmoor also and that's why i got it on this rifle because I really like it alot.

Shootone, hopefully in the next few months or so
wink.gif

You are going to love that stick. I love mine. Top notch work as usual.

Nice rifle Rob.

Can you tell me the main difference between the T3 and the HS PSS stock? Aside from the comb height of course.

I like my PSS and the only thing I wish was different is the grip, I wish it was just a bit longer.

Edit to add: Now you need to talk Hornady in to making some factory 300wm ammo with the 208amax!

Thanks guys.

Onemoretime, The Manners construction is much betetr than the HS stocks. Much stronger. As to ergos the forend is flat on the bottom compared to the HS and the palm isn't as fat as the HS. My other 300WM had the 700P stock on it as that is how it started life but I like the T3 better. And i plan to talk to them at SHOT about the ammo
wink.gif

Beck, I have the F1s on my 6.5 Creedmoor and my practice .308. I might compete with the 300WM in which I would throw the F1 on it but I'm hoping the new higher powered FFP scope will be out by then and I will get one of those for this rifle and put the 5.5-22 back on my LR308 where it's been sitting. Always too many rifles and not enough scopes LOL

nice rifle....maybe one of these days....I sort of did the same thing and am having a build in .260 but looking at yours makes me doubt AGAIN!

Good luck!

Yup. Not many though unfortunately. I had two i sold with my old 300WM. Should have kept one.

I am so wanting to smash something right about now....that is one great looking rifle......and mine is good for nothing more than for the refinery....

Thanks for all the comments. Killing me that I can't shoot it anytime soon. Killer head cold and work are having me miss some range days.

Thanks. I'll check.

So if you like the HS stock and want to upgrade to a Manners stock the feel of the T3 is about the same?

Rob.....you need to get the "STINK" blowed off that thing......send it down here to me along with a pallet of factory ammo and i'll take care of it for you......its the least i can do for you brother,,,, i hate to see you suffer.....i'll use my own can though....let me know.

get well......and don't forget to pick up the tab on the shipping too!

Thanks for the offer Bolt but I think I'll do it myself LOL

Tim it's similar but I like the Manners better. Smaller grip area and I like the flat bottom.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">come on bro.....i'll save your brass too</div></div>

I know what a brass whore you are. I would never ever see it again!

Good looking ride! I love a 300WM... Especialy ones with a can on them, when I'm shooting next to them.
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Muchos Pistolas</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice looking rig, Rob. What grain bullet do you plan on puttin' through her? And will they be Hornady? </div></div>

I'd be betting it will be and in a 208 A Max

Rob,

Nice toy!!! Keep us posted on how that can works with 300wm.

Love it on my 308 but haven't had it on my 300 yet.

Cigarcop would be right. The 208 AMAX will be it.

The can works great on the 300WM as I used it on my other 300WM. You won't be let down when you try it on a 300WM.