• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes My new IOR scope

Chance

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 5, 2004
South, TX.
Ordered from Val on Monday and the scope arrived Thursday. IOR Illuminated FFP Mil Mil 35mm 6-24X56. This scope is a monster. Here is what it looked like once I unpacked the box.
BF2C1E98-1DDC-4BFD-9BE2-BDB36EFF664B-4092-000007F1E49CB4CB.jpg

I had forgotten that IOR has a deal right now...that if you buy a scope you get a set of binoculars, great surprise.

9F455EE5-FEC5-4BF0-970F-5582E342D46D-4092-000007F1EFED5FEB.jpg

Scope came with sunshade and a mini mil dot calculator...awesome!

Naked Rifle...awaiting the scope
8966487F-16D4-46F4-AD7B-DC11BC738CA5-4092-000007F1F66A57E8.jpg

All mounted and ready to take to the range
1622ED73-1F52-430D-A8FF-852D7E6F6456-4092-000007F1FDE1EE8C.jpg

Re: My new scope

Been shooting IOR scopes since the first un-official snipers hide scopes came out. Have had really good luck with them and wanted something with a bit more magnification.

Scope came in just in time to take to a local competition on Saturday. Took to the range today to zero. Scope was very clear and crisp as have all the IOR's I have had in the past. Due to the FFP and great reticle I was able to zero in 3 rounds.

Real test is tomorrow during the match...I'll let yall know how it goes.

I am ordering one on Monday. I hated to sell my 3x18 IOR (had to for new purchase). I think this has all the best features, great quality, for what I consider a very good price compared to other higher priced scopes. If it is any thing like my 3x18 I have been using I will be very satisified. Please keep us updated on your on your new toys performance.

I definitely will let y'all know how things work out. The rifle is a .308 and I mainly shoot factory Fed GMM 168's through it. That's what I'm shooting today in the match. I do have a pet load of 175 SMK and varget for the longer distances. The rifle is an absolute hammer as long as I do my part.

If you look in the pictures I have a Krieger .260 BBL on my workbench...that will barrel will be going on the rifle very soon as I'm usually a .260 shooter.

IOR scope are great, now this one makes your AX looks small.
nice set up, congrats.

Shot a match Saturday using this scope. Scope performed flawlessly...I on the other hand had a few flaws. Will post a few pics later when I get them uploaded to my photobucket account.

Chance-
Took your old 3-18 to OG Saturday and shot to 1000 first time ever for me. Once I get my numbers, I'll feel better about my chances, but really liked the optical quality and reticle. Appreciate the step up, certain. Nice rig, by the way.

Chance,

I've been looking at Valdada scopes for some time. I have the AX platform as well in .308. Are your scope rings medium or high height? Thanks for posting these photos. Looking forward to future pics of your match.

It depends on the scope your wanting. This one has the 56mm objective, so I needed to go with the high rings...using these, the scope just clears the front rail.

Shooting from the tower at distance...I'm the only one representing for IOR.
10D3C44B-01F3-4EC5-9046-B5D644970049-4092-000009C78925C1A4.jpg

500 yard mover...
C46088FE-263A-4066-8746-1AC31E68E126-4092-000009C78ACA5DAF.jpg

I really like my IOR 3-18x42! I only wish it had a little more eye relief. Other than that little thing the optic has been flawless for me. I will be buying a new one for another build here in the near future.

I had an IOR once.. was bigger than my forearm... They do make some pretty huge freaking scopes. Nice lookin rig!!

I've been looking for glass for my FN/SPR-McRee chassis rig. Just had it rebarreled by SAC. I'm leaning more and more towards the IOR....looking at the 9-36. May hold off until after Shot to see other offerings.
Steve

BTW....nice rig!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Am180man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for glass for my FN/SPR-McRee chassis rig. Just had it rebarreled by SAC. I'm leaning more and more towards the IOR....looking at the 9-36. May hold off until after Shot to see other offerings.
Steve

BTW....nice rig! </div></div>

I think if you went with the IOR you would be "Happy, Happy, Happy".

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sig716</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice Rig Man!
</div></div>

Yeah, that's sweet.

Nice! I bought the 4-14x50 SFP mil/mil illuminated when Scott at Liberty started the promotion and I'm REALLY happy with it. It is huge and heavy, but clear as a bell with nice adjustments. I've been using it since early Sept and it's been all I expected. Farthest I've run it so far is 600 yards and it's a big improvement over the Leupold VX-R Patrol 3-9x40 it replaced.

I'm actually stoked about the binos too, pretty nice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Am180man</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I've been looking for glass for my FN/SPR-McRee chassis rig. Just had it rebarreled by SAC. I'm leaning more and more towards the IOR....looking at the 9-36. May hold off until after Shot to see other offerings.
Steve

BTW....nice rig!</div></div>

Spoke to Val from IOR today and he made mention of your post about the IOR 9-36X56...he said that they have 6 pieces that they placed on a special pricing along with 4 pieces
of the 4-28x56 model. Val also mentioned that he is currently shooting a 4-28x56 on a DPMS 308. He says the higher power really helps him by allowing him to clearly see the target.

Just some thoughts and to pass on some good intel...Now may be the time to jump on one of these deals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting from the tower at distance...I'm the only one representing for IOR.

</div></div>

Please tell me this is a "Halloween" shoot or something!!! lol

I have another match coming up in November. I will keep y'all informed on how the scope performs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting from the tower at distance...I'm the only one representing for IOR.

</div></div>

Please tell me this is a "Halloween" shoot or something!!! lol</div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowkota</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Chance</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shooting from the tower at distance...I'm the only one representing for IOR.

</div></div>

Please tell me this is a "Halloween" shoot or something!!! lol</div></div>

Yes, lol! It was definitely a Halloween shoot. You received 5 extra Pts for dressing up.