• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

My new money hole

I'ma going to tease you now, tastefully built
20200105_121357.jpg

Next you'll need some tunes
20181002_200114.jpg
20181002_195913.jpg
20180930_125933.jpg

Last edited:
Those of you that have a Jeep but don't do the whole offroad thing, any reason to choose a Jeep over a truck?
i got mine for simplicity. it’s kinda like working on a lawnmower; if you understand the basics, you can do it.

that, and i got sick and tired of all the other shit on my other vehicles breaking. it was always something. this 99tj is VERY basic, very few frills= LESS SHIT TO BREAK.

also, there is a cult following. anything you need to do mechanically, there are youtube videos showing you how. and choice of parts? it’s a whole universe of shit out there.

i have a 3 year old chevy 2500 4x4 for work. i can’t believe the shit that has broke on it and i aint even to 70000 yet. my brother has a 2016 chevy 1500....and for what he paid, and what he’s had to fix.....50000? no fucking thanks. i paid 10000 for this tj with 104k on in. and everything i’ve done on it is purely preventive.

Eh, id have bought a landcruiser.
Not for that price :).

I keep toying with a LC, but hard to cram all the crap for range in one. Targets, 5 stands, gun that was not lost in boating accident on the Mississippi River, fuel for said gun not to mention towing anything heavy with an LC's short wheelbase may not be smart despite the thing weighing like a Sherman tank.

Reactions: Bender
Those of you that have a Jeep but don't do the whole offroad thing, any reason to choose a Jeep over a truck?

They're small.

I have a truck I'll take anywhere they take a Jeep. It looks like a smashed beer can and I leave a pry bar in it so I can clearance the door when it stops opening. The Jeep will fit the same places with a few scratches.

I've seen 5 deer in the back of a Jeep so it's not like they don't have enough space if you get creative. I just started with the axles and transmission that get swapped into jeeps and sacrificed the sheetmetal to the trees and rocks.

They're small.

I have a truck I'll take anywhere they take a Jeep. It looks like a smashed beer can and I leave a pry bar in it so I can clearance the door when it stops opening. The Jeep will fit the same places with a few scratches.

I've seen 5 deer in the back of a Jeep so it's not like they don't have enough space if you get creative. I just started with the axles and transmission that get swapped into jeeps and sacrificed the sheetmetal to the trees and rocks.
Its like a street legal go cart with AC. I feel a car should bring you joy every time you drive it, or else why own it?

Reactions: Ravenworks
There great in the summer with no top or doors open air driving, gives you a sense of driving around Europe during WWII. But they just came out with a jeep pick up so you can have the best of both worlds now.

View attachment 7374714
See you are in the same situation as I am with my LJ, It's too nice to take out and wheel hard.

I built my LJ with some kind of an expedition vehicle in mind.
When the Shit truly does hit the proverbial fan, getting a scratch or two will be the least of all our worries.

With that in mind, I have invested a lot thought into making it a very capable offroad vehicle.
Anybody who knows Jeeps, knows that guys like Blaine Johnson ,Tim Currie and countless others have sound advice and their influences weighed heavily on my build.
Bender,you got a clean canvas and I'm kinda jealous to be honest.

• Love
The good thing is the I-6 4.0L is damn near bullet proof. Easy 300k if it was maintained...most companies I-6's are bulletproof. Great design.

Not for that price :).

I keep toying with a LC, but hard to cram all the crap for range in one. Targets, 5 stands, gun that was not lost in boating accident on the Mississippi River, fuel for said gun not to mention towing anything heavy with an LC's short wheelbase may not be smart despite the thing weighing like a Sherman tank.
I bought my 80 series for 4500, my buddy bought 2 for 2500 each that needed some love. Mine was nicer, but if you’re modding, it doesn’t matter.
These are all az trucks, zero rust, strait bodies, just needed some seals and fluid changes. My interior was mint, his needed seat repairs and had an ac leak.

I bought my 80 series for 4500, my buddy bought 2 for 2500 each that needed some love. Mine was nicer, but if you’re modding, it doesn’t matter.
These are all az trucks, zero rust, strait bodies, just needed some seals and fluid changes. My interior was mint, his needed seat repairs and had an ac leak.
post pics! I want a 90 defender so bad! but people think old TJ's are expensive?? go look up what a nice 90 brings!! lmao

Reactions: plong and Jgunner
Its like a street legal go cart with AC. I feel a car should bring you joy every time you drive it, or else why own it?

A/C? What kind of pansy ass are you?

I have an 85 CJ-7 in the garage getting rust repair. New floor pans and rockers.

4" lift, 33's, and a np435 backed by the Dana 300. Still trying to decide if I'm building a 258 or stuffing a 350 in it. (I have a couple 350's, and a 396 and 454 blocks sitting here).
Motor choice will dictate axles. I'm trying to force myself into a set of superduty axles and run full widths with a radius arm and 4 links.

• Haha
post pics! I want a 90 defender so bad! but people think old TJ's are expensive?? go look up what a nice 90 brings!! lmao
80 series is a land cruiser (toyota), not a land rover(jaguar/ford). I do like some of the nice rovers though, but they don’t fit 37’s like a cruiser does. 😂🤣

Still filthy from a hunt/vaca where i put on 1500 dirt road miles, front fender took a hit from a tree when i was driving around with a pvs14 and not paying attention enough. Sigh. My first dent. Its half banged out, but needs more love.

Attachments

• A1539B34-A12D-47C5-8B96-4E2110E6515D.jpeg
    A1539B34-A12D-47C5-8B96-4E2110E6515D.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 18
  • 8F9822CA-EC3B-4841-91CC-B0B549CAC853.jpeg
    8F9822CA-EC3B-4841-91CC-B0B549CAC853.jpeg
    406.9 KB · Views: 15
Pics seems to be gone now but believe that was an Atlas transfer case.

And speaking of Defenders - wish I'd bought a 90 when they were not so special. Did buy a US 110 though. IIRC only 500 imported in 1993. Huge cool factor with the safari rack but pricey, under powered, and underwhelming so sold it. Of course it would be worth 2-3 times now!

Dude, stroke that bitch to 4.7L and regear. Motor is nice and broke-in. Dana 44’s or 44/60 combo if you got into serious crawling, but I’d personally not go bigger than 35’s and Dana 44’s, lockers front and back. That has about the least amount of Chrysler to fuck you over. Nice base for a build!

It’s already a money whore, LOL. Last night I went to tighten the 20-year-old fog lights as they were wobbling around on the bumper and the bolts snapped off into the non-replaceable housing. Already installed modern LED fog lamps that can change from amber to White by just flipping the switch off and back on. Here goes all of my rifle money LOL

Last edited:
Dude, stroke that bitch to 4.7L and regear. Motor is nice and broke-in. Dana 44’s or 44/60 combo if you got into serious crawling, but I’d personally not go bigger than 35’s and Dana 44’s, lockers front and back. That has about the least amount of Chrysler to fuck you over. Nice base for a build!

I went and drove down the highway at 65 and did the formula calculations to figure out it has 4.10 gears in it. From the factory it came from 3.07. So it actually does pretty good with those 33 inch tires. I’m not really fond of the centerline wheels as they are a touch too wide, and I think the jeep will need a lift but there is no way my wife would let me put one on it this soon LOL so I will probably sell those 33 inch tires and go down to 31 on a more narrow wheel.

Reactions: FishinGuns
Shoot, 4.10’s and 33’s is plenty capable for that rig. Nice that somebody already forked out that cash dump!

Mo light is always more better, good call.

Dad bought it for me brand new in 1990 I was sixteen. I put all the 280,000 miles on it. Ran it in the sportsman’s off-road challenge for a couple years and no bs probably 55-65k are off road miles. Been through a few stages over the years. Did the tpi swap at 62k motor from 92 iroc. But did a frame off about six years ago and that’s when I stretched wheel base to 100” did link suspension with king coil overs and fresh paint. Driveline is Dana rockjock 60 and 44 rear with arb. Actually got arb the year they came out for the original axles but those are long gone. I have done every repair and mod myself since new except the paint job just took the tub and parts to painter.
D1541AB3-74B6-45B1-8EC4-D145B241309C.jpeg
1C291198-95D4-4538-87F9-7BA27EF599EC.jpeg
DB76A482-63FB-41E4-9131-A34A2FED5149.jpeg
E8DD83EC-6D27-42DE-8A94-35F0C8F411BF.jpeg
C417C4A8-7DB7-4B76-BDD0-851F0C2B9E3F.jpeg

Also btw did everyone see that you can now get the new wrangler and truck with the diesel! This motor is bad ass they’ve had it in the Cherokee for a few years now and it should be amazing in the wrangler. They are also offering an enhanced towing package where you get Dana 44s without having to buy the rubicon. 7,500 lb towing!

Also btw did everyone see that you can now get the new wrangler and truck with the diesel! This motor is bad ass they’ve had it in the Cherokee for a few years now and it should be amazing in the wrangler. They are also offering an enhanced towing package where you get Dana 44s without having to buy the rubicon. 7,500 lb towing!
There is no way I'd try dragging 7,500# with a Wrangler, remember you have to stop and if you ain't pulling it,it's going to be pulling you.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
That also may just be for the truck? Not sure as that’s the one I was looking at

There is no way I'd try dragging 7,500# with a Wrangler, remember you have to stop and if you ain't pulling it,it's going to be pulling you.

That 7500# tow rating has to be for the Gladiator truck, NOT the Wrangler. Wrangler is too short to pull anything beyond a small/short TT or pop up.