• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos My new paint job

Re: My new paint job

nice stick, i like the simple patterns, they seem to work the best

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: splean</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice tits... I mean paint job. Well done.</div></div>

+1 lol

What did you use to get that pattern?

Simple old net laundry bag. Base coat of forest green. Lay the bag out over an area, make a couple crossing sweeps with a different color, move the bag, repeat. Get a bright spot and 'dust' it with the forest green to 'dim' it. Very easy to do really and I was surprised at how well it worked.
W

And those are sweet....btw

sweet paintjob! Mine always turn out looking goofy i think i shoot guns better then paint guns lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nice rifle, and if you know what that plaque means you are over educated. </div></div>

Apparently I'm not the only one...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: honkey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats that piece on your rail, just ahead of the front ring? </div></div>

That my friend is the 90deg mount for my iPod Touch with Ballistics calculator/software installed. I'll add an older photo to show it mounted...

WW

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Impact</div><div class="ubbcode-body">did you use Krylon ? where did you find the forest green color ? thanks. </div></div>

Rustoleum, but I suspect the paint is manufactured by the same folks in reality because the cans are identical except for the Krylon logo and Rustoleum logo. I got all the colors at Lowes. They were their 'camouflage' line of paint, ultra flat, khaki, deep forest green, black and desert brown.

looks good. what kind of environment do you shoot in or is it for looks?

Will, you must have some friends at Otter. I have been looking for that set-up for my I-pod and no-one seems to have one. How did you score one?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LR-WSM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will, you must have some friends at Otter. I have been looking for that set-up for my I-pod and no-one seems to have one. How did you score one? </div></div>

I have a wife that is tenacious on eBay... I put her on task, she gets the job done. They're hard to find, that's for sure. Knights Armament's mount was ridiculously priced and unavailable as well... so we made our own. Came out really nice.

WW

Will, could you please post some close up pix of the mount and Otter Box please

nice well i may try your pattern for easthern afghanistan if you dont mind. seems with a touch of tan it could work great here

I added a pic with the Otterbox and mount. Bad photo, I'll try to get an updated high res shot this week. We used part of a picitinny rail mount off of a broken scope and tig welded it to a shaft with a mount that slides into the clip holder on the back of the otterbox. The mount component is sheetmetal bent into the appropriate shape, then welded bolted to the shaft to allow for rotation and variable tightening. I've fire the 300 all weekend with the iPod inside and never had a failure....

WW